Finally, Eggs!

claire_uk

I came home from uni tonight and as always i go to my tank to check on my little ones. i was looking in and saw some white balls on the filter intake tube, and i knew they were eggs, just unfertilised, but i was still happy to see, as my fish have never had eggs before. as i looked closer around the tank i started seeing the clear ones, with babies inside!!! i am over the moon, eggs in my tank yay! i have been fish keeping for over 10 years now and never had eggs. where some of them are the fish cant get to them, but i know as soon as they hatch the big ones will eat them all up, as i am not ready for looking after fry as i know it takes a lot of time, im not planning on rearing them this time. but i come home this summer from uni, so who knows, in a few months time, i will be a true fish mummy!!

just thought that i would share with you. ill see if i get a pics.

Lol Claire - here I was getting excited for you but I know what you mean, you need a lot of time and space to rear these guys :o 10 years huh? I bet you were excited especially if it's the first time ever :D

See, i really wish i could have a big goldfish tank and raise the fry and everything, but its so expensive. Because my tap water wont get safe from the stuff they tell you to put in tap water to make it safe for fish, the water still has way too much amonia in it. SO i need to go out and buy like 5 gallons of water a week. that really adds up. But i will get more goldfish and a bigger tank. Soon enought.

:) Well,Claire,at least you know that eggs are now possible. :D And you're smart waiting for the right time as fry are costly to raise,involve tons of time and space.

Jenny,I can't see how a bottle of prime wouldn't help your water.

Prime you say? The people in the petstore never even mentioned that. Can i find that at mmm? I'm going there later today to get my tank water tested.

I'm dead serious when i say that when my fiance and i get enough money to build our house, he promised i get the whole basement for raising and breeding goldfish and small animals. :) Don't worry, the basement will have electricity and heat, and possibly carpet.

Just need to save up another $50,000. it might take a while.

i just rem i had this topic!! well its been quiet in the tank for a couple of weeks now, but i can see my female ryukin is getting a big belly again!! and mr shubby is getting breeding stars coming out!! i have hatched a plan, i figured that my 13 gallon spare tank will fit on my new dressing table, so if and when we have eggs when i come home in the summer, i might give it a try as i will have a ton of time. and should make for an interesting summer project!

Archived