How To Stop A Jumper From Jumping

Jon

ok, so i have a ryukin named peaches. And for what ever reason, he likes to jump. he use to only beable to get his head out of the water, but now, he can get nearly half his body. I'm afriad he going to jump out of the tank one day and really hurt himself and possibly die. Even if he doesnt get out if the tank, he'll still smash his head on the hood. Is there any way i can stop this behavior?

ok, so i have a ryukin named peaches. And for what ever reason, he likes to jump. he use to only beable to get his head out of the water, but now, he can get nearly half his body. I'm afriad he going to jump out of the tank one day and really hurt himself and possibly die. Even if he doesnt get out if the tank, he'll still smash his head on the hood. Is there any way i can stop this behavior?

How are your water parameters?

Does your fish attempt to rub himself on other objects?

Well, if there is a hood on the tank, there isn't much chance of him getting out. How high is the water level? Maybe if you can raise it some, he bumbs his little nose on the hood a bit earlier, and learns that it hurts... :D

Well, if there is a hood on the tank, there isn't much chance of him getting out. How high is the water level? Maybe if you can raise it some, he bumbs his little nose on the hood a bit earlier, and learns that it hurts...

I could raise it about a half inch more :D

Archived