Maya - The Big Calico Oranda

Ranchugirl

Okay, finally got around to take some pictures! For those who remember, she is the remaining survivor of a fish delivery of two - the blue oranda didn't make it. Enjoy!

MayaCLoseUp-1.jpg

MayaCLoseUp.jpg

And if she looks small on the picture, here is her in her 55 gl tank all by herself. She fills out that tank pretty good, and I can't imagine any more than 2-3 fish her size in that tank. Anything more, and its gonna be way overcrowded! :thud

MayaWholeTank.jpg

I decided to name her Maya, because she remembers me of a little bee named Maya from a children's story in Germany while I was growing up.... :heart

Wow what a beauty!! I love the name too, suits her.

I can certainly see how big she is, to fill that space in a 55 gal all by herself................whhhhoooaaa she is a big girl.

Thanks, everyone - she is my darling! Fuzzy Peaches, she measures about 6 inches body length, without her tail. She ain't small, thats for sure... :D

I really like that face - what a beautiful girl. :D

I like your tank - it looks like mine. As soon as you get some sort of backing on, making the fish show even better, it will be all "decorated". Let the fish be the decoration! That is my favorite way..... :D:rofl

I could not help seeing that "spare 55" line go by. "Spare"???? I could easily set up more tanks - I found 3 more in a garage a friend did not want - two 20s and a 30, but I simply have no more room that my hubby will allow - and I am seriously running out of water every day - I cannot make enough!

I cannot wait to see what gem you find for her companion, though. She is a beauty. :)

Archived