Fry Photo's

Katalyst

If you hold your ear to her head you can hear the ocean!

mug14.jpg

The reason why this tank is going barebottom!

Mug15.jpg

Sharing some toast with one of my little outdoor pets.

mug16.jpg

On the edge of the plant holder every day I hang a bucket full of nuts, apparently this morning I was a little late.. :rofl Its pretty funny my house is the only house when the back door opens the squirrels run towards me not away.

mug17.jpg

Thanks Blue!

How is Dickey doing? Haven't seen him in awhile *hint hint* Patches aka Wee Bastie is ALWAYS hungry the photo's is how she looks 90% of the time. She's my sweet little wolf in oranda's clothing. :rofl She was recently sucking on my poor snails shell and swimming around with him in her mouth! Needless to say he's in a rubbermaid until I pick him up a critter keeper today.

Yes that photo is of Sweet Pea aka The White Finned Terror...And here I thought the males were supposed to be the bullies? Not in this house...

Oh, oh how do you make those fry pics, they are adorable, those little faces!!! :heart:heart:heart

And those hungry mouths! I've tried to catch pics like that but not succeeded. :(

Adorable squirrels too! Never seen a black one! We used to have squirrels around our house but they seems to have disappeared...

Thanks everyone yes those are black squirrels. I grew up in the States and had never seen one either. I was so excited to finally see a gray one around here, they aren't very nice to him so I always make a little piece of warm toast every morning and he seems very greatful...Usually there is squirrel feed out there but I'm all out, but will pick some up today at Home Depot. I try to coddle the gray one a bit as the black one's usually kill them but he's been around for about two weeks and will take food from my hands now.

My mother got the fright of her life over the summer when she sat out back on my patio and one of my little buddies jumped up on the side of the chair and snatched a corn chip out of her hand lol. They are the friendliest little buggers I've ever seen.

Oh, oh how do you make those fry pics, they are adorable, those little faces!!! :heart:heart:heart

And those hungry mouths! I've tried to catch pics like that but not succeeded. :(

Adorable squirrels too! Never seen a black one! We used to have squirrels around our house but they seems to have disappeared...

Anette this involved feeding them gel food and me sitting there with a cup of tea and my camera. It took quite awhile for them to pose at all. Other then The Queen in the kitchen that is, she's always posing. Usually with her mouth open doing the feed me belly wiggle...She's a beast but is such a precious/spoiled little fish.

:) Love your pics! They are all so cute. Your fry are beautiful and I have never seen a black squirrel! They are very preatty. Did not realize they were so mean though. Thats too bad, is it only to the grey ones?

Thanks for sharing the great pics, they are wonderful! :heart

Guest Elizabeth Anne

Oh wow! Those are some darling little fry you got there! :heart

If I were you, I would have sent in that picture of Sweet Pea to the picture of the week competition...

Those squirrels are so darling! I wish we got some around here. All we get is opossums and rats...

:D Kat ,the babies are growing like weeds.How many do you have in total? I love the pic where there are 2 looking through the hole in the Driftwood.That is too cute! :exactly

:D Kat ,the babies are growing like weeds.How many do you have in total? I love the pic where there are 2 looking through the hole in the Driftwood.That is too cute! :exactly

I have 8 babies in total that I am trying to find loving homes for rather unsuccessfully I might add...As soon as my work visa goes through the plan is to stash a 100 gallon in my classroom bring the big guys to work and keep the babies at home.

Somedays they see seem to tiny and somedays like today when Spike yanked a piece of spinach from between my fingers they seem HUGE. I love the hide and seek one's myself those two play that game most of the day. :heart

Guest Cattrix

Oh Lovely Pictures!! The squirrels are so cute... we have LOADS of Grey and few reddish one around here but no black ones.. with a black walnut tree in our yard right up next to the house we used to get them on the porch waiting for handouts,. until my husband started feeding the feral cats he kinda looks after,, now the squirrels don't come around as much anymore. :bye2:

Your little baby fish are toooo cute! I like your hole in the plank deco.

Regards

Cat

someone should breed a golfish that has a fin like a shark(without the appetite). I would love to look in the tank and find little fins circling for a meal of peas. :o

I try to coddle the gray one a bit as the black one's usually kill them but he's been around for about two weeks and will take food from my hands now.

Cute pics Kat! Love the ones of Pat/Patches/Beastie. I think you might be mistaken about the black squirrels though. They are actually just a mutation of the grey squirrel. Like black kittens in a litter from a tabby. Not really sure how the mutation is advantageous to them though. The black ones stick out like a sore thumb against the snow! I've never seen a black squirrel kill or even hurt a grey. I know they interbreed, being the same species, because I've seen a pair, one black, one grey and their babies. The babies were grey, black and one was even black with a chocolate coloured tail! What you're seeing is probably just territorial aggression. The other morning I looked out my back window and counted 7 of them in the yard. Some black, grey, charcoal and one that was a very light grey-brown all lined up on the top of the fence. Ofcourse, by the time I got the camera, they had run in different directions. Oh well. Better luck next time! :(

Angela

Archived