Azuma Nishiki

My new fish died in QT today. She didn't even have a name yet. She was so beautiful :heart My first oranda. She had a perfect red wen and was just a baby still. This is so unbearabley sad :(:cry1

:cry1 I am so sorry you loss her Imogen! She was a beautiful fish and I felt so bad reading your thread while you were trying to help her. I really thought it would end well. I think there may have been something else going on with her.

I hope you feel better soon, lots of warm thoughts coming your way! :heart

I'm so sorry Imogen :cry1 It's very distressing especially when she showed no outward symptoms - but the care you gave her in her short time with you will give you some fond memories. She sounds like she was a beautiful little girl :heart:heart

Thankyou Riz, VM and Jen.heart :heart It's hard to type through tears - I feel so very guilty. Perhaps I should have just left her chewing like that. I was sure I saw a stone. She swam very slowly that was all that was strange and a red possible bacterial spot on her cheek that cleared up overnight in the salted QT.

She ate her first pea last night. At least she had that. I'm sure she just got flakes at the LFS.

This is so sad a day :( I have buried her in the garden quicly because I cannot bear to see her beauty even in death it makes me so sad

Thank you so much for being here my friends and I feel your warmth and genuine sympathy in your words- that makes me feel so[/ivery much better. :grouphug :

Please don't feel guilty. If she had columnaris in her mouth, then there was no way you could know this and if I ever see something in the mouth of my guys, i take one action only and that's the same one you took. I honestly don't think trying to remove something from her mouth was the problem - it may have increased her stress a little but I think the end result may have been the same sadly :(

I'm so sorry her time with you was cut short - she sounds like she was very special :heart

Jen- that you might have reacted as I did gives me more comfort than you will ever know :heart

daniel and Erin- thank you for your kind and loving words-yes I was deeply attached from the moment I lay eyes on her :heart

MrB- in the old thread you said something so lovely, you said I was a good carer and would be a good keeper for her :cry1 -I wasn't -but I appreciated your thinking so :heart and for the support always.

Anette- thankyou hun- :heart

Imogen I am so sorry to hear about this! I know how excited you were to have her :cry1:heart . Its so hard to know what was happening with these little guys before we bring them home. At least in her last few hours she had a home and was loved.

Again so sorry hun, I know how excited you were about the little guy.

O no Imogen I'm so sorry for your loss :hug Hope you feel better soon.

:rip: Azuma Nishiki gone but never to be forgotton :cry1

I am so sorry to hear about your lovely fish. Please don't beat yourself up, or call yourself a bad fish keeper. You did your very best to help your poor fishy, that is all you can do for them. Would anyone have helped her in the fish store? You are a great fishkeeper to have tried all you could!

I am so sorry. I know what you mean about feeling guilty. I keep wondering if I had done this or if I had done that. But we both need to stop doing that. Sometime things happen and with goldfish from a pet shop that has been breed for quanity and not quality its really a crap shot.

You did what you knew to do at the time. I hope you are feeling better today.

Oh Imogen!

I'm so sorry to hear your story with that beautiful fish, I only saw your thread about your newarrival yesterday, I hadn't even got round to replying but I thought she was a real beauty.

When we try proactively to save our fish and they still die, it's hard not to blame ourselves, but when we don't try and they die anyway it's just as hard. Dont' be too hard on yourself, there was something wrong with her to begin with and you tried your best. It's hard to accept the loss but take heart that you had her in QT and that if what she had was contagious, it hasn't spread to all your other babies. :heart:hug

Katalyst, Blue, dickey's_assistant, Hidr, merlinsmom and Tos- Thank you so much :heart:grouphug

People's support here has gone a long way to help me even with this unexpected happening. I really, really appreciate all your comments and warmth.

Here is a last little reminder that Anette sent me and I'd like to paste here in Azumi's memory.

memoryofazuma.jpg

Archived