300gallon Rubbermaid

jamisskat

Hi all! as you all know i have a new 125gallon pond. i went to my local tractor supply store and found a huge 8"x 3" deep rubbermaid. my hubby and i want to get this but was wandering should we wait until next year or go ahead and put it into the ground? the 125 gallon pond we have is only a few weeks old. i really want to go bigger so i figured the rubbermaid would do it. of course if i would of knew about the rubbermaid i would've not got the 125. but my ? is should i let my fish grow some in the 125 or go ahead and get the rubbermaid for them to grow in? i have shubunkins and comets. their all about 6 inches or so.

Everything else being equal, you are better off with the 300 gallon tank. The thing to do is use both. 300 gallon tank to filter, filter to 125 gallon, spilling over into the 300 gallon. You could keep the fish in the 300 and put plants in the 125 without worrying about the fish damaging them. The 125 would act as a polishing filter in that case as well.

Dennis

P.S. Of course, rarely is "everything else equal"

I was thinking the same thing, Dennis - using the 125 as some sort of bog or pre-filter. Would look nice with lots of plants, and then the water would spill over into the 300 gl. :thumbs:

Archived