I Bought Another Tank!

Dreamgoddess

I am so excited! I had posted an ad in our little county paper that I was wanting to buy a 75g aquarium and a lady called me yesterday. She actually had a 100g with the stand that she wanted to sell. A friend gave it to her and she had put it in a storage building until she could move things around in the house and get it set up. Then she decided she really didn't have room for it and wanted to sell it. Of course I jumped right on it and went to her house last night!

The stand looks really rough right now and needs ALOT of work, but I think I can strip and sand it down and make it look a whole lot better. DH is going to make a canopy for me to go on the top and also make like a wood frame around the bottom of the tank to cover up the lighter colored fake wood looking strips on the outside of the tank.

It will probably be a while before I get it set up cause I've gotta work on the stand and buy everything that I need for it. I've gotta get new glass covers for it, light, filters, gravel...and the fun stuff like decorations and plants. It's gonna take alot of work, but I can't wait to get started on it!

It was so late last night when we got home that we had to leave it all on the back of the truck. I got up this morning and there was ice on the tank! I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that having ice on it won't hurt the tank! Right now I've got it sitting in the barn until I can go get what I need to start stripping it.

I took a "before" pic of it...and I'm hoping the "after" pic will be much better. :D

So what do ya'll think...did I do ok for $50.00?????

000_0438.jpg

:) That is a great deal for sure. I think it will be beautiful with some work and then of course decor and the fish swimming in it. Great find! Have fun with it.

Wow that's the deal of the century! Can't wait to see the after photo's. :) Not to be a downer but you may want to fill it up and make sure it holds water before you put a ton of work into it. I found that lesson out the hard way with a 39 gallon.

Not to be a downer but you may want to fill it up and make sure it holds water before you put a ton of work into it. I found that lesson out the hard way with a 39 gallon.

Good point Kat! I was thinking that after I had posted earlier this morning, as I had the after thought of the freezing weather and moving the tank around.

A test for leaks or any weaknesses would be a good thing, especially on such a huge tank.

Congratulations! I bet it'll look fabulous when it's all set up! How exciting! :D

I agree with Kat and Lola - a good water test is essential, maybe it would be better to do that while it is sitting in the barn?

Looking forward to pictures when it's all done :)

Archived