My Search For A Short Haircut

Anic

The title makes it sound stoopid, but I'm wanting to cut my hair really short. Short enough that I can easily and messily style it if I want, but also short enough that I can leave it where it falls, so to speak.. Chances are, I'll almost never style it.

I just don't like trying to pull it back without lumps (never happens), going through a bottle of shampoo every two weeks. Brushing sucks, too.

I'm looking for something like these:

I like the way her hair looks...

Looks like it'd be ok flat??

Don't know how this could be styled..

I like this one

I'll post more pics when I find some.

Sorry I dont like short hair on a girl. I wore short hair for several years cause my mama bullied me into it and hated it. Not to mention convenced me it was "easy" what a laugh. lol

Since she has passed away the longer it gets the easier to take care of. I just wash let air dry and go. Most of the time it is up. In a scrunchy or something like that in the summer and down in the winter. And I dont have to get it cut every 6 weeks.

I did have it layered about a year ago and now am growing out again with layers. Gives it more curls and my hair is curly.

Anyway you asked opions you got mine. :blink: Might not be the one you want. :exactly

But if I had to choice it would be number two but thats cause I have thick cruly hair and that would be easiest to style every morning.

But I like number three best I just dont have the straight hair to pull it off.

What type hair do you have?

If you have straight hair like number three go for that. But if you have straight hair and go for number 2 you'll be using a ton of hair spray and more then likely wont look like that at the end of the day.

PS about the shampoo sounds like your either using to much or washing to often. I dont like the bunched look either which is why when I put mine up I do it losely gives me less headaches that way too.

Maybe instead of so short try a shoulder length cut with layers and some cute whispy bangs? Still can be styled nicely or let to go.

Mine is classic bra strap length going for mid back and then decided the length to stay with. Dont want hair so long I set on it. lol More then likely Ill stay with classic as it is easy to brush and blow dry if I care too.

Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

Wow sorry I got chatty. :blink:

Sorry I dont like short hair on a girl. I wore short hair for several years cause my mama bullied me into it and hated it. Not to mention convenced me it was "easy" what a laugh. lol

Since she has passed away the longer it gets the easier to take care of. I just wash let air dry and go. Most of the time it is up. In a scrunchy or something like that in the summer and down in the winter. And I dont have to get it cut every 6 weeks.

I did have it layered about a year ago and now am growing out again with layers. Gives it more curls and my hair is curly.

Anyway you asked opions you got mine. :blink: Might not be the one you want. :exactly

But if I had to choice it would be number two but thats cause I have thick cruly hair and that would be easiest to style every morning.

But I like number three best I just dont have the straight hair to pull it off.

What type hair do you have?

If you have straight hair like number three go for that. But if you have straight hair and go for number 2 you'll be using a ton of hair spray and more then likely wont look like that at the end of the day.

PS about the shampoo sounds like your either using to much or washing to often. I dont like the bunched look either which is why when I put mine up I do it losely gives me less headaches that way too.

Maybe instead of so short try a shoulder length cut with layers and some cute whispy bangs? Still can be styled nicely or let to go.

Mine is classic bra strap length going for mid back and then decided the length to stay with. Dont want hair so long I set on it. lol More then likely Ill stay with classic as it is easy to brush and blow dry if I care too.

Good luck on what ever you decide to do.

Wow sorry I got chatty. :blink:

I have straight hair. I just got out of the shower and I pulled it back in a funky bun-thing so I can't tell how far down it goes..... It's a tiny bit past my shoulders and the last time I got it cut, the lady layered it so it looks funny when I pull it back (like a ponytail at my neck) because I have a big chunk of hair that falls out on the left side and then it never wants to stay behind my ear.

I think the longer my hair gets, the more difficult it is to take care of.

I usually let my hair air dry, but it's been single-digits when I leave my house in the morning and my hair is still wet. I have to get up a 5 in the morning and I leave at 6:30. My hair is also really thick, so it takes forever to dry completely.

With the shampoo, I wash my hair every morning with about a quarter-sized amount. And I have oily hair, so that makes it worse.

they all look great, personally i like the fourth one. it looks like you could easily leave it to it's own devices and it would still look good, which the others dont look like they'd do :)

Yea, it looks like I could just throw some mousse/gel/whatever in there and go.

I've never cut my hair that short before, but if I didn't like it it would grow out to the length it is now in no time.

I think you should just go for it! I used to be super picky about my hair then one day I just cut it all off, and it was really cute, and if it wasn't hair always grows back. I really liked the last one you chose. Let us know what you pick!

Ok, this may sound strange coming from a guy, but here you go. I used to date a hair competition model (2 of them actually) and photograph hair competitions - so I picked up a couple things.

Style 3 looks easy, but may be the hardest to deal with. It's an asymetrical "razor" cut. The sculpting wants to be placed carefully - if not, it can look like you combed with an egg-beater.

Best thing to do if you want to go short:

1. Find a stylist who's short cuts you have seen and like.

2. Let them know you want short that fits your face and frame (body style).

3. Tell them it needs to be as much wash and go as possible - no products and as little attention as possible. Remember, a "quick and easy" style to a stylist is 5 to 10 minutes with a blow dryer, 2 brushes, and 1 or 2 "products."

Personally I like long hair on ladies, but I understand the appeal of quick and easy hair. If you find the right stylist, you should be pleased.

Good luck!

Lol... an egg-beater. That's funny.

The only hair salons that I know of around here are the 'chain-like' ones. But I almost never go to any of those because my mom or my aunt usually trims my hair.

Hmm....

I like the third, but also don't know how it would look without being styled..

..and then the fourth also looks good.

If you have straight hair then I don't think you would have much of a problem with what you choose. But if its like mine and the shorter it gets the more curly it gets, you'd need to think about it more. Short hair for me takes weeeeey longer to sort out.

With short cuts, a good deal of the end "look" comes from how it's styled. How it's dried, the products used for texture - stuff like that.

The risk if you just wash and wear it is, it looks like a bowl cut. Or if the cut is asymetrical and textured (like razor cut) it can look like it was styled with a weed-whacker.

That's why you should say you need something that will look good even if you've no time to style it.

I'll usually have time to style it a little. With the last cut, would I be able to rub mousse/gel/whatever in my hands and make little spikes or whatever? Not actual spikes, but something I could do without a mirror. Like just grab fistfuls of hair and pull up and that's it. That doesn't make any sense, does it?

OK, edit's working!: The way that my hair was cut before took FOREVER to style (not to mention, I couldn't do it by myself) so I never did. I needed a blowdryer, curling iron, some funky gel and a comb. I have 2 hands, not 4. So I just left it where it fell. If I could get my hair cut to where it took just a couple minutes to style, I'd be happy.

Well, acccording to my experience it's easier with long hair, I only wash and comb my hair! :) If I had short hair I'd have to fix it every morning and cut it to keep it in shape... but that's just my experience!

It's so funny how many "hair" threads there have been here since I started.

Anyway, I grew all my hair out for my wedding so I could have the wedding up-do. The thing is it took sooooo long to blow dry. My hair has enough natural wave to it that I couldn't just let it dry. It did crazy things when left to itself (kinda like my kids now!). So once the wedding was over and I was back to the real world, I went in and said, "I don't care what you do with it jsut make it shorter and easy." I haven't regretted it for a minute. It kinda shocked my husband at first as I didn't tell him I was going to do it. But the next morning when we were going somewhere and I was ready in like 10 minutes after getting out of the shower, he was like "Whoa, that was so fast!"

My thought was, it's only hair. Hair. It grows back. I think you should go for it. But it is very important to find a stylist that knows you and your hair.

Good luck! :D

If you have straight,fine hair...short will not be wash & wear.I am a stylist.Short hair takes work.The right products makes this easier.Without product it will not look right.My hair is similar to the last pic...if I go without drying & product I look like a boy......

I actually have no idea what "thin" hair is. My mom always says that my hair is really thick. Even though it's only barely shoulder length (I forgot that my mom trimmed a couple inches off a few days ago), there's a lot of it.

Merlinsmom, do you have any pics of your hair you could show me? If not, it's ok. I'm just wondering.

Archived