Ryu's And Moores ?

KelzosWifey

Just wondering:

I have 2 Ryu's: one in about 2", the other is only 1" (babies still)...

I was wondering if it would be ok to put a moore in with them? I would early like one - we used to have them when I was a kid.

I am waiting a few weeks b/c my poor Jason just died and I need to confirm that the otehrs are healthy...

My Ryu's are slow moving but are food agressive... so it's a mixed thing going on. I do soak the food so it sinks...

I also have a very peaceful cory cat.

My current setup is 2 Moors (female, 2+ inches w/o tail), 1 Ryukin (male, 3 inches w/o tail), and 1 Oranda (male, 2+ inches w/o tail); although one of the Moors is soon to be moved to a tank of her own since she's blind. I've never had any problems, except when the males start to feel like breeding (the blind Moor has trouble getting away.)

I would say that as long as their personalities are compatible and the Moor doesn't have vision defects, mixing them should be fine. :)

I have a ryukin and an oranda together that do well, from my observations I'd be a little leery of putting a moor in because they do move slower and seem to be more easy-going, but I know a lot of people that have had success with that mix.

Erm, Moors always have vision defects.... the very nature of their mutation means they are incredible long sighted, so long sighted that they really have no chance of seeing anything infront of them they will react to shadows and movement, but they can't actually 'see'....

but that aside. Moors can be a bit slower than ryukins, but they have just as keen a sense of smell and can hunt food down pretty quickly. I've kept sight deficient fish with non-sight deficient fish for years and I've had no problems, as long as you don't have anything sharp or pointy in your tank, you should be alright.. Also, it depends on the personality of your established goldies,-are they aggresive? rambunctious? -if so, they might be too much of a handful for a moor to cope with...

Archived