Azuma Nishiki

Trinket

The snow storm blew over and I was able to get over to the large LFS where I had seen and fallen in love with this fish a few days before. He/she was still there- so pleased - so here are her introductory pics in her new QT home -

Please meet 2 and a half inch Azuma nishiki... (any name ideas welcome)

IMGP0826.jpg

IMGP0824.jpg

IMGP0825.jpg

Sorry about the lighting, pic quality. I will try and get a better close up shot.

No. The snow stopped in the night and I woke up to a beautiful sunny day today :) By the time I finished work the remains of the ice had melted and the road was fine. Thanks for asking ;)

Thanks for the comments Anette,Chrissy and Fred :D

:) I love Azuma Nishiki! What an adorable face. I'm so glad he was still there when you went back. :heart I believe that to be a sign, when you see a fish and you keep thinking about it and then go back only to see that its still there, it was meant to go home with you.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks VM. I agree. I was so pleased to see him still there and what's more, he was right at the front of his tank (looking out for me? :D ) :bingo:

Anette, the red wen is very important on an azuma. It is supposed to have the brightest red wen and a blue white body with distinct black spots and spangles and black in the broad tail. It is a cross between an oranda and a calico demekin. I can see the blue in this fishes white quite clearly but these pics don't show it well.

hehe..nice to think so :heart

Anette just helped me focus one of the pics so you can see him better as I am so crummy at photos.Newazuma.jpg:heart

:heart Very sweet Imogen.I'll tell you though,we have all been very guilty in the new fish department :yeah: I need winter to be over do that I can find something else to do. :rofl

Thanks for the comments Mr B, Daniel,Kat,Fgg,Erin,Spacecake,Devs,FP,and d_a :exactly I am so pleased I was able to get this fish. And it will be the last for some time for me as my tanks are now FULL!

I agree he is a lot like a firecracker to look at :) but I am a little concerned that he is swimming so slowly. He is stopping still a lot mid air and is generally rather lethargic. I hope he isn't burdened with some parasite poor honey. I have salted to 0.3% and will see how things go but I can't name him a name like that under these circumstances :( Thank you though :heart Can anyone who keeps orandas tell me if this is a feature of them..moving slowly? It may be just his style of swimming..he is eating well and poop is healthy.

Also the LFS told me the tank pH was 8 but when I checked the LFS water the pH in the bag was 6.5. :glare: so he had to adjust to 7.2 in the QT.

And it will be the last for some time for me as my tanks are now FULL!

I somehow don't believe you...This is an illness you know...I promised that if he bought me the 150 I'd never set up another tank. The 20 is back being set up and I'm waiting for just the opportune moment to set up the 15 again...I think tommorrow I may set it up just as a planted tank of course...Then I'll need a tiny goldfish that I can say OMG the plants must of had eggs! :rofl

How is the little guy doing today? I have one oranda but I swear she thinks she's a shark. She hangs out on the surface in my kitchen bubbling, gurgling and lip smacking until someone comes in to pay attention to her. Then she waggles her little body all over the place happily getting the attention she wants. No idea if this is common oranda behavior but she makes me laugh every morning.

thanks Tinkerbell :D

And it will be the last for some time for me as my tanks are now FULL!

I somehow don't believe you

:rofl But I thought, if I put it in writing :rolleyes:

Your oranda sounds pretty cute. Part piranha you said? :D Well, I have noticed mine has sped up a little now the lights are off so I am thinking it was just the stress of the journey and the new bare tank with no mates and all the new visual experiences along the way. She is still graceful and calm but also exploring more.

I've never kept an oranda before. The head is huge compared to my other fish and to it's own body- proportions more like a human baby or a puppy :heart

Archived