D-golem Came To Melbourne!

Tosakin in Oz

hurrah! I finally met Riz (d-golem), he came to melbourne to visit me here! How charming our Riz is! the first thing he told me was that I don't look anywhere near as old as I look in the photos I post here! (loving your work, Riz, you know a way to an old girl's heart :wub: ) Lol!

We went and checked out Subscape aquarium in Richmond and my old stompin ground St Kilda aquarium. Richmond had some really nice broadtails and some fantastic little pingpongs and some cute little short bodied orandas (Riz said they were from Thailand stock) :heart , and St. Kilda had some really nice short bodied ryukins with fantastic bodies and nice cephalic humps, but otherwise were unfortunately pretty low in stock... I was very restrained seeing I'm trying to reduce my stock and didn't get any fish today, but it was hard... so hard... Hopefully when Riz gets back from his travels he'll post some of the pics of the fish we saw today.

Still, it was great to meet Riz and his girl, apart from the weather being stinking hot, it was a really fun day! We must do it again some time, eh? And thanks so much for the ice cream Riz! you really didn't have to, but it was fantastic all the same :icecream:thanks

:D Glad that you two enjoyed yourselves. I got to meet Smack,and was thrilled to meet a fellow goldie lover,myself.When are they going to start selling those time traveling machines so that we can all meet up? :yeah:

:) How fun that must have been for you all to meet! Sounds like you had a very nice day and got to visit some lovely aquariums, even though you didn't buy any fish. And you got to have Ice Cream! :heart

Can't wait to see pics. (And it didn't surprise me at all that Riz is charming)

Awww Mads :blush: you're even more charming (and funnier!) than I've ever imagined. Thank you for accompanying me and my girlfriend all thru the hot summer Melbourne day. It was great! Thank you again.

As Mads said, we went to a couple of Mads' local LFS and they're both great! It was funny seeing Mads saying "Uuhhh I musn't, I shouldn't, I shan't..." when this beautiful broadtail ryukin danced in front of her. Both LFS got some nice fish including a couple of tosakins, but what made me surprised was to this LFS staff called Peter. This buff, macho, hard-looking guy called is even more crazy about gf than me and Mads. We got a nice looooooong gf talk with him. He just went on and on. He told us he sometimes went to various asian countries just to look at the gfs and he showed us these pics of a couple of antique chinese ceramic goldfish vases worth A$700 bucks each which he owns!! Crazy!! I think if I got the money and space I'll be as crazy as him too lol.

Unfortunately my bro hasn't got any photo-manipulating softwares in his pc so I don't have any pics now. I'll upload them as soon as I'm back in Perth.

Mads, I gotta get that apple pie-flavoured gelato again...... :icecream:druel

As Mads said, we went to a couple of Mads' local LFS and they're both great!

ooo, was that the one near the market? sorta opposite it... i went there when we were in melbourne and it was absolutely fab! they do quite a few marines in there as i remember... with the goldie section near the back..?

btw, Mads, im back in melbourne this december if ya feel like a meet up ;)

I'm back in Perth!! and 4 hours late lol :rofl I missed my original flight by 5 minutes due to oversleeping :rofl I'm never taking early morning flight again :D

Anyway, I'm back and I'm happy. It was a great trip to Melbourne and the meeting with Mads is definitely one of the highlights. Thx again Mads!

I'll post the pics up here and in discussion soon, after I take a shower, eat, sleep, watch Heroes, and maybe sleep some more :rofl

Archived