I Can't Decide What Color Gravel To Buy!

Kimma

What Color Gravel Should I Buy?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Can You Help Me Decide?

• White
    • Blue
    • Black
    • Rainbow
    • Purple
    • Natural Stone

BLack's good if you don't want to keep black fish, but you tend to 'lose' black fish in tanks with black gravel.

I'm a BIG (huge) fan of natural stone... I know goldfish are like not exactly 'natural' fish, ie. their shapes and colours do not lend them to being genetically advantageous in natural environments, but I always seem t think that they looked more relaxed in a 'natural' looking tank....

:) I chose natural stone! I would just buy the bigger pebble or small stone size. Easier to keep clean and less risk of your goldfish getting one stuck in their mouth.

I have all natural stone in both of my tanks but after seeing Jen W's photo's with all of her beautiful plants and white gravel I chose white. I'd love to have a tank like that but I'd have to get little masks like the one they slapped on Hannibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs, my little guys who have serious plant shredding problems.

You could always go barebottom with a few large river stones. I put a stone theme aquarium background under the tank so it looks like the whole bottom is stone. Well, when the algae's not covering it that is! :D

Angela

You could always go barebottom with a few large river stones. I put a stone theme aquarium background under the tank so it looks like the whole bottom is stone. Well, when the algae's not covering it that is! :D

Angela

Your tank is so pretty!

Thanks Kat! :) Except, I think, when the monstrous ranchus stir up all the poopies! :D

Angela

I pick natual stone gravel, its not the largest size, its more the medium size. I still can't decide what decorations to pu in there and its hard to do anything when the boys are home with the tanks! They will more than likely spend the night with my mom tomorrow so I will try and get it together then. I will post pics when I get it all set up.

• 8 months later...

I used to have black in my tropical fish tank, but it faded after a time and I got tired of it. They have natural now, and I like it much better. I would go with that or white, which I'll probably use next time I change.

My 30 gallon with the goldies is barebottom, sort of. It has marbles, glass stones, and some river pebbles in it. Much easier to clean the bottom, but very noisy when they start foraging for food like little pigs! :rofl

• 2 weeks later...

Archived