Peanut Butter Recall

Kimma

I don't know if you all have heard about the peanut butter recall, its contaminated with salmonella.

Link To The Story

Anyway, I checked out the peanut butter we had here and it was good, but my Mom (who lives next door and my kids are there ALL the time) had 3 jars of the recalled stuff in her pantry. One of the jars was almost gone! :o

That's scarey stuff!

:ill Oh, NJ mine was the bad stuff, they have the tracking number for the Con Agra plant all over the news and ours matched it!! But we had been eating it and we're ok so far, since the plant was in GA it is no suprise that we had the contaminated PB. Who would have thought PB and salmonella? I have been warning everyone all day especially those I know have kiddos. And the thing is I usually grind my own at the organic food store but this was on sale cheap many months ago and I said well, honey peanutbutter sounds good, it's the last time I'll do that!! Freshly ground is better anyway!

We had one of the "bad" jars, too. I, personally, HATE peanut butter, but my hubby likes it. He had eaten part of the jar - but I threw it out anyway.

:o

Glad to hear nobody got sick from theirs. Personally I can't even keep the stuff in the house- I love it so much I will go through an entire dishwasher load of spoons in a day snacking on it :feedme

That's how my boys like to it eat! By The Spoonful!

That scared me. i just had a pb&j. But it was skippy peanut butter :D

You just put me in mood of pb&j Jon :D

Pleased everyone is ok.

I've never seen Peter Pan in Canada, but even if we had we would have been safe My son has a peanut allergy, so peanut butter means death at our house no matter what jar it comes in! In five years, this is the first time i've ever felt glad about that!

Scary really, even for me who usually doesn't like peanut butter at all. The only brand I eat occassionally is the SmartBalance kind, with the omega 3 fats. But even that has disappeared from the shells this past week! :rolleyes: Here at our local Wallmart the whole peanut butter isle is literally gone - not much left, except Jiffy... :)

Archived