I've Got Babies!

Torbe

I am trying to deal with a snail trouble in my tank, and whiile I was scanning the tank for more snails, I spotted a little baby guppy swimming into hiding amongst the big rocks I have decorating my tank. I'm sure I have more than one even though I only spotted one. I'm so excited! I have been waiting for this day ever since I got my guppies back in December! :bingo::wub::bounce

It is very possible as well that you only have one fry, so if I were you I would try to catch the fry and put into its own tank with a filter that is not going to suck it up and a heater. There is a chance that you have more. Do you have a lot of plants or hiding spots in your tank? If so then you could have more than just this one but if not then you could only have just one!

Congrats! If possible could you post a picture!

Well, I cleaned the tank Thursday, and moved decorations etc, and I found 8 more babies which I have put into their own tank until they are big enough to tell if they are males or females, and the other fish can't manage to eat them. Once I know, I already have a friend who wants some babies. I'll probably keep a few as well. I have been so busy with animal care that I haven't been able to post. My family has a ranch and I'm in charge for right now.

Archived