Unexpected Fish Happening

Trinket

I can't believe this happened :( I had an intensive 3 day work contract this week and the only thing that was keeping me going was the picture in my head of a beautiful little red wenned fat calico orandaI had found in my lunch break. I had no time to go back until today when I finished work. So excited, I was counting the minutes till I could leave and it really got me through a very hard few days looking forward to saving this little guy.....BUT half way through today I looked outta the window to see.....a totally unexpected and sudden SNOW BLIZZARD :thud !!!!!Within the space of an hour the sky was so thick with snow it was impossible to see :o !There is no way I could safely ride my motorbike the 40 minute journey to go back and get him today.

I don't know if he'll still be there on Saturday. Apparantly the blizzard will continue tomorrow too so Saturday would be the first chance....*sigh...he was such a beauty..I can't bear thinking he may be taken by someone who doesn't know about fish :( The only consollation is that he cost 1.980 yen which is a lot for many people...that's about $22 I think. Beautiful thick spotted tail, even calico color- mostly black and white and then this vibrant red wen. Such a beauty I feel sure he'll be gone by Saturday.

Hey if you can't get there most people probably can't either : )

This is totally off-topic, BUT:

Where are you in Japan?

My boyfriend just got back from Okinawa last week and the weather was, apparently, PERFECT :D

He also saw the Biggest Goldfish Ever in a tank at a hospital (his dad was sick, is okay now) and forgot to take a picture.

I wish I was into goldfish in Japan rather than Las Vegas. Vegas is not a fish haven and what is here is tropical, of course.

Hi Spacecake, lucky boyfriend going to Okinawa..it is my favorite spot in the whole of Japan. Perfect weather pretty much every day all year round :) Okinawa is the farthest south chain of islands off the mainland. We live in the top far north part of mainland Japan- very cold - but this winter has been very mild until today.

The selection of fish round here is not nearly as good as farther south or even Tokyo...I can imagine Vegas doesn't have a great selection either- ordering online may be a better option however I think I prefer to see a fish swimming round, relating to tank mates and so on before buying.

Can you call them and give them a downpayment over the phone? Can you have them reserve the fish for you? It is worth a shot.

I hope he ends up with you.

Hi, if you really would like to get that really nice fish, can you look up on the phone number of that place the fish is in? and maybe try to get them to reserve it for you, if they say you have to pay a little more then why not? since you really liked it. well I also understand some people don't like things reserved but I believe you can work things out too. If you get it pls post a pic of it too!!

and I just realized daryl had the same idea as me, maybe you were already typing this earlier than me that is why I did not see it anyway ye give it a shot! XD

I hope he ends up with you.

He did!!! :rockon

Went back today and he is in QT now. Pics coming up soon. And daryl he is a Azuma nishiki- a rare one and I really think he has show fish potential. I am that chuffed :D Thanks for the advice all :heart

Archived