Sign in to follow this  
Zelanie

Here Is My Tank

tankw.jpg

This is my 29 gallon. I just finished the fishless cycle, and added the first fish! I'm running an Aquaclear 70, and have a 16" flexible bubble wand under the driftwood. Eventually, I want the bubble wand to go the other way, but for now having some quiet space over to the right is probably a good thing.

The heater is the cheap one that came with the tank, and even on its lowest setting, it wouldn't go lower than 76, so I don't have it on. Without the heater, the water is 67 (hmm, my thermostat is supposed to be set lower than that!), and since the fish I bought was outdoors, that's probably closer to what she wants at the moment. I need to get a good quality heater and bulb in the near future.

I hope you guys like it. I have never really decorated a tank, as this is the first one that I have that is a decent size.

It is very pretty, great job!! :heart

The only thing I can say bad about it is you may have the gravel a bit deep. Its easier to suck the poo and uneaten food out of shallow gravel. Just a thought, it looks awesome! :)

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. I really didn't want the plant bases or the bubble wand to show, which is why I went that deep (well, that and the fact that I still have like 15 pounds left even after what's in there :rolleyes: ). I guess I'll have to see what's it's like when there's gunk in there that I need to pick up.

Hmmm.....I replied to this thread,just a few minutes ago,now it is gone.

Anyway,very pretty tank :) I love your driftwood.

And about your gravel.It is surprising how much waste a couple of goldfish produce! I started out with alot of gravel too.Vacuuming was a chore.Now I have 1/2 inch of gravel,it holds the airwand down,and I hide my plant bases behind large rocks.The tank is cleaner,and less gas gets trapped(which is smelly & toxic).

Edited by merlinsmom

Beautiful tank!!! You have lucky fish to have such a great home :D

Chrissy

:) I love it, you did a great job and I think your fish must be very happy :heart . The only thing different I would do, like a couple other members said, I would take some of the gravel out. Less gravel equals less vacuming, because you will not believe all the gunk that can bury itself in there and less gravel equals more water space. I love to have my tanks hold as much water as possible. I would have the gravel just deep enough to cover the bottom in a thin layer.

I will try that with the gravel. I think that I'll wait a couple of weeks to make sure my cycle is stable first, though.

it's a nice tank, your fishies will love it!

wow, It looks great!! What company makes the flexible bubble wand?

I think it's a great tank, very pretty. I too started with alot of gravel in my 29 gallon because that's how I've always done it. But I found out too that I never could get enough of the stuff in the gravel when I was vacuuming. Now I have just enough to cover the bottom and I mean barely. I agree I hate looking at the bubble wand too and I'm still trying to figure out how to hide it. As for the plant bases I bought a bag of really nice river rocks and put a couple on each plant base to hide the plastic base.

Here's the bubble wand I bought:

Clicky!

I just got the 18", even though they recommend 30" for my size tank- I didn't really want that many bubbles! Of course, with the bending it ends up seeming shorter than I'd thought- if I had to do it over again, I'd get the 24" for my size tank.

Guest Cattrix

Very Pretty Tank Zelanie... !! :D

Congrants on getting it up and going and your fishes are so cute!! :heart

Cat

:) I think the tank looks great myself.I think we all started with a ton of gravel,but have learned as wev'e gone on ,and you will to. ;) Meanwhile sit back and enjoy all the hard work you just did to get it up and running. :D

Very nice! :exactly

Guest Karolina

Looks nice but if I were You I would put live plant inside the tank to keep natural balance.

My goal is to go planted, but I decided to learn about taking care of goldfish first, then after I'm sure I have the hang of that I will learn about live plants.