Sign in to follow this  
merlinsmom

Yahoo! New Tank!

I am so happy.I found a 6 month old 20G tank & stand,with Fluval 104,AC 30,CO2 machine,air pump,heater,extra filter media.........for $150! This is really a good deal here.The same setup (Geosystem 60) sells new for $319 plus 14% tax.Fluval 104 is $99 plus tax and AC 30 is$59.99 plus tax.I don't need the CO2 machine so I may leave it there,and they can sell it to someone else.And the woman is delivering it to me!

{{{Happy Dance}}} :bingo:

I have my eye on a cute little calico fantail(may be a ryukin...to small to tell) :)

:) Congrats, that is a good deal! Can't wait to see it set up!

And of course, pics of the new fish if you get it.

Congrats! Thats so exciting! :nana

Very cool, and does sound like a good deal. I can't wait to see pictures and hear of your new additions when you get them. Congrats on the new tank!

:D Congrats on the new tank,and the great deal you got.Looking forward to seeing who ends up living there. :yeah::D

It is being delivered on Sunday....so Saturday I get to shop for river rocks and plants :) .Going to help the cycle along with the extra AC30 on my 25G.So in a couple of weeks I will take pictures!

Got the tank yesterday.Now to test for leaks.I hope I haven't been taken for $100.I talked the price down to $100,without the CO2.And sold the fluval already for $15(it was small,and needed new hoses,and I prefer AC)

If the tank leaks,can I fix it??How?Any good DIY sites?

Edited by merlinsmom

yes you can fix the leak, silicon are best for such situations, so IF it does, leak post a pic of it, but I doubt it would leak.(lets hope it doesn't :D )

Well,I cleaned the gravel out of it(it was still in from previous owner),and found silicone (thick) around the edges.I called the seller(local classifieds online),and she says she does this to all her tanks,she has a fear of the weight of her rocks breaking the bottom.Sound like a lie?

Well,I am stuck with it,so I will test it and fix it if needed.Buyer beware online.

I'd clean it up, do a very careful inspection of the inside and outside glass panels, especially the corners and check the sealant carefully and then do a good water test. Hopefully, it will be OK even if it doesn't look so good. I have heard of people doing that double sealant thing before, although it is probably unnecessary if the original sealent is still intact and in good condition. It may just be something she does to her tanks :)