Sign in to follow this  
bettaqueen

Thai Names For Your Betta

When I was naming my two bettas from Thailand I stubbled accross this website with Thai names for thai korat cats but they also would make good names for our bettas. it even lists the meaning of the names

here is the website.

http://www.korat-cat.com/thai_names.htm

The problem is that some sites are wrong or don't use the correct word when you are naming something. Its common on Japaneses pet name sites. I can only read English and Japanese so I can't tell if any of those are false.

I just thought they might be cute for a selection of a variety of names. I actually got my female Suchin's name from another site. It is supposed to mean Beautiful thoughts. Sunti is supposed to mean Peace.

Great site! The closest I've ever come to an Asian betta name was Yoka Zuna...anyone else remember that wrestler? hahahahaha

Chrissy

I like that site :)

About names & meanings......I have heard stories of people getting Asian symbol tattoos,meaning something to them.....but often the symbols are wrong,and it doesn't say what they think.Sad.

There's some book that my mom read a while back that had to do with that. The tattoo was supposed to mean "strength" or something similar, and it turned out to mean "General Tso's Chicken."

:D