Sign in to follow this  
Guest olive.oyl

Alright, Pro-gold Or Hikari Lionhead Minis?

Guest olive.oyl

I'm currently using some Wardley goldfish crumbles (not very stimulating) as well as some San Fransisco Bay FB brine shrimp (which aren't very good imo).

I want my fish to growth and get bigger, as well as improve their wen growth. I have 4 fish -- 2 blue orandas and 2 ryukins.

I've been looking at the following:

-Pro-Gold at 2lbs (www.mops.ca only has the 2lb version) for $29.99 CDN -- http://mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/f...8444+1170891161

-Hikari Lionhead Minis at 12.3 oz for $19.99 CDN -- http://mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/skus/p...8444+1170890695

-or some SFB Freeze-bried Bloodworms -- http://mops.ca/cgi-bin/SoftCart.exe/ushop/...8444+1170888325

For the Pro-Gold vs Lionhead Mini food, which do you think is the best value? Or should I get them both? Also, for the FD bloodworms I've been reading about them and they seem very popular with the fishies. Would you suggest getting 28g or jumping right up to 50g? How long did your bloodworms last you?

Thanks, I'm gonna order very fast, so it'd be great to hear some responses. I think my fish are sick of Wardley's crumbles.

I know many on this site use Hikari pellets as well as frozen food, I myself am one of them. Because of the great things I've been hearing about Pro-Gold I'm planning on picking up some tonight. My fish seem to be doing just fine with Hikari I use Oranda Gold, Lionhead, Staple Pellets, Baby Pellets as well as frozen Bloodworms, Daphina, Brine/Mysis Shrimp & Krill...As well as Hikari's algea pellets....I also feed lots of fruits & veggies (leafy greens mainly). The only thing my golds seem to hate is Wardleys & homemade gel food.

On the reccomendation of others I'm going to give the Pro gold a try.

Guest olive.oyl

Hikaru seems pretty expensive, but do you think it's worth it? I'm considering both, but Pro-Gold is almost $30 so I'm kinda curious to know everything about them before buying. I've never spent so much on a single food item before. :yikes

Also, I agree, I'm not too impressed with Wardley's.

Edited by olive.oyl

I got the Kikari Lionhead.....$13.99 for 3.5oz at a local store.My fish like it,but I found the ProGold on Mops.ca and ordered it this week.I have heard good things about it here and I find $29.99 for 2 pounds(32oz!) a great price!

:) I use both Progold and Hikari Lionhead plus a few other things, as I like to very their diet. I also use Omega One sinking GF pellets as far as pellets go.

oh yeah. Get it from desireless

Wah how much do you pay (and how big is the bag)? Do you think he'll import to Oz (since it's closer than US)?

it's about the same size as small Hikari Lion Head. Shipping doesn't cost a lot though. You can PM him