Sign in to follow this  
wyofish

Online Sources For Goldie Food?

I am specifically looking for an online vendor of frozen foods, but also the higher-quality goldfish pellets as there is absolutely nothing available locally except Tetra and Wardley. Thanks for any info!

A really good pellet is sold by goldfishconnection.com. Its called Pro-Gold. A lot of us use it. Omega One is also a good pellet and you can find that in some pet stores as well as Ebay and vvvv.com. :)

:) As Glitterfish said, Progold, which is a product from Goldfishconnection.com, is a very good food and that is what I use for the main food for my goldfish. I also keep Omega One sinking goldfish pellets on hand for a change in their diet and I got that from vvvv.com, as none of the lfs carry it. I have also noticed that many of the online stores that sell goldfish actually carry their own brand of goldfish food, but I have never tried these.

Another vote here for Progold. As well as goldfishconnection's Salad Supreme wafers.

For frozen foods, I sometimes feed my goldfish Emerald Entree cubes, which I get from mmm/vvvv. I checked, and it's also available to order online from at least a couple of stores (just Google "Emerald Entree.")

Thanks! I just checked out goldfishconnection and have decided I'll definitely need to spend a little chunk of money on there on Thursday (payday!). Does anyone know if the spirulina flakes would be worth it for my fancies? I'm not worried about floaty comets, but I have an oranda and a ryukin...would the flakes be a good supplement to peas, or just unnecessary?

Cool! I think I'm going to have to buy a pound of them too...the price is pretty reasonable and I'm sure my fish won't mind a little spoiling :D

The Medi-Gold from there is great too if one of your fish gets sick. I always keep it on hand. :)

Edited by glitterfish

Glitterfish..I think my little Spencer (orange & white fantail) has a mild case of SBD. He feeds fine. I feed progold, spirulina flakes, and also peas twice a week. On weekends I feed a bit of frozen bloodworms or brine shrimp as a treat. Would the medi-gold be beneficial for the SBD? Or is it mainly for bacterial infections and such? Haven't bought any yet, but wondering if I should. Any tips would be appreciated!!

Just put in my order to goldfishconnection, thanks everyone for the input! I'm starting out with some ProGold and salad supreme wafers, next payday I'd like to get some spirulina flakes and medicated food to keep on hand, but I'm trying not to get too out-of-hand with the food buying yet as I still have a TON of other foods, many of them given to me by people who've moved or given up on their fish so a lot of them are open; I don't want to waste those, but I don't want to give them to my fish very often (more of a small change of diet, "junk food" if you will :D ), any suggestions on ways of storing these that they'll be good longer?

Hi Wyofish! Awesome, your fish will just love the food that you ordered for them. And they ship it out pretty fast too. My pleco likes to munch on the spirulina flakes too. And, the Medigold would be very beneficial to have on hand. I'm giving it to both my goldies as we speak, and it works wonders.

Daryl, one of the moderators here, has mentioned she vacuum seals foods in smaller increments, to keep the food fresher longer. I am seriously thinking about getting one of those machines. Great idea! :exactly

Do large discount stores usually have those vacuum-pack thingies? I live in a small town where there's only a Pamida, then I work 25 miles away at W-Mart, also a K-Mart in that town, but not really anything else. That sounds like it'd probably be the best thing for me....I've got three open bags of algae wafers, at least four cans of tropical flakes, a can of TetraColor Extreme, a couple of cans of goldfish flakes, a can of goldfish pellets, and I'm sure a few more floating around; and I just bought two pounds of ProGold and a pound of salad supreme. Lack of variety is not an issue my fish have to face! Would vacuum-packing before freezing help out frozen food? If so then I even more definitely need to get one of those.

You can definitely get a vacuum sealer at wally world, probably kmart and pamida, too. It'll be in the small appliances section. It would probably help keep your frozen foods fresher as well. Oh, and you can use it for people food, too! :D

I gotta get me one of those machines... :D:exactly

Got my ProGold in today! I am shocked at how good it smells, I've never had a really good quality fish food before!