Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

Can Different Color Orandas Breed Together?

i have a large goldfish tank with several orandas. red caps, panda, and blues. can say i red cap breed with a panda? i would luv to have babies one day. there all little right now my blues are almost 4 inches. the red caps about 2 inches. im just wandering if the orandas will stick with the same color mates or breed with other colored orandas? thanks guys for the help! i will tonight show you a pic of them there so cute! i just need to get a cd made from camera. thanks for all the answers!

As far as I can tell, all goldfish can interbreed, doesn't matter what color they are or what they look like. So long as there's two goldfish that are male and female, they'll breed if they feel like it.

Edited by TetraLover

i guess its a good thing i have pairs of each.

:) Yes they can breed! They are not color or type picky. With the right conditions, male and females will do their thing.

All goldfish will interbreed just like dogs. My shubunkins bred with my telescope.

All goldfish will interbreed just like dogs. My shubunkins bred with my telescope.

Did you get fry? I wonder what the babies would look like.

no babies yet. my 2 blue orandas have been showing breeding behavior though. i hope to get babies from them!

QUOTE(nick11380 @ Feb 5 2007, 08:08 AM)

Did you get fry? I wonder what the babies would look like.

I got fry. They all look like comet/shubunkin.