Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Cute Little Critter

Found this scarlet trim choco plec searching some Japanese online stores. Would love him but no space. Isn't he pretty?scarlettrimchocoplec.jpg

Oooh yeah he is gorgeous!! Ive never seen one of those before! :heart

It's so prehistoric looking :)

wow, very stunning red color!!

Beautiful fish! And pretty cute too :heart

There is a scarlet pleco for sale on aquabid - though not nearly as pretty as the photo you posted!

I'd like a whole tank of these guys. They have so much character and come in all colors! This one was way too pricey-and huge already-how much was the aquabid one I wonder :)

This one was way too pricey

I am just wondering , how much does it cost?

Well, I just tried to retrace the website and cannot find it. It was large, full grown perhaps and I seem to remember it was a crazy price like 7.000 yen (about 80 US$)It is kind of unique.

Ooh he looks a big one! Big price too.. (starting :o ?!) Very nice though :)

:) Wow, he is beautiful! I love his coloring. :heart

Yeah, he is very pretty - a beautiful colour and I agree with TetraLover, he is kinda prehistoric looking too! It's too bad you can't get him Imogen, he is quite pricey though :)

you can't house more than one of those because Pseudacanthicus (not Pseudocanthicus as in the link) plecs are fiercely territorial and grow at least a foot in length.

Edited by Man Yu

Those are just beautiful? remind me of the blue trimmed Panaque plecs! The high price is because a lot of those are still newly discovered, hard to breed in captivity and as a result are still wild caught.

He would be great in a huge freshwater semi aggressive display!

Stunning Imogen.He's adorable :heart I have a soft spot for plecs :D

His coloration is striking. I have never seen one, expensive too.

Well, perhaps one day I'll have money and space for a whole army of different kinds of plecs. Glad you all liked the find :D

:heart he (or she, i guess) is very pretty! i too have a very soft spot for plecs. my lil long john silver (ugh, i finally gave up and adopted my husband's name for him) is starting to show a bit pore personality. i never really realized how many different types of plecos there are and that some can be quite pretty. i've always thought they were neat though. that's the only thing i remember having in our aquarium when i was a kid. i really like albino bristle noses and would like to have one, but i think unless i order one from a lfs i'll never run into one by chance. love those lil sucky faces though :D Edited by fancygoldfishgirl

:D Yep, that's exactly what they are -little sucky faces with beady eyes! I have 2 albino rubbernose and I love them to pieces. Long John Silver is a hilarious name. Mine are called Ben (theres's affleck of black on his tail)and Alli as in alligator..see you later ....on that cucumber probably :D:heart

i don't know about albinos, but i saw mine change colors in the store tank. he's been pretty much the same here (figures) but i never realized they could pull a karma chameleon!