Sign in to follow this  
JenW

Planted Tanks

I was putting up a pic tonight on the back wall of downstairs and then turned around and all I saw was colour - from my tanks :rolleyes: So I fired up the camera and took some pics. 2 tanks aren't in the photo because they're along the back wall but I've already bored you with pics of those :D

Also I took a few pics of the 3.5x2x2 but unfortunately i'm waiting for my new globes to arrive because I got a T5 lighting system but they came with some eerie colored globes that look really yellow.. :blink:

I'm not happy with the 105 gallon layout but will have to wait until I can get (read afford) more plants to fix it up <sigh> but thought I'd throw a few pics in because it does have a couple of really lovely broadleaf plants that I ordered in some time ago :rolleyes:

Room shot:

roomoftanksy.jpg

roomdiffangley-1.jpg

New broadleaf plant:

broadleaf.jpg

3x2x2lomg.jpg

3x2x2y.jpg

:D

WoooooooW!Oh my goodness Jen it all looks absolutely fabulous :D !

I would pay entry to that room!

The tanks look beautiful all lit up like that at night :heart . And some of your fish are watching TV :rofl !!!

That is really stunning. Each tank is a work of art :exactly

Thanks Imogen :D and yeah, my fish were watching So you think you can Dance - wishful thinking on their part :rofl

I can't wait to get my new Hagen aquaglo and powerglo tubes - then the lighting colour of the tanks will all look the same :rolleyes:

Oh, gee, gotta show those pics to my hubby, he thinks we have too many tanks...

Honestly Jen, how can you watch TV in a room full of fish??? :D You don't need no TV!!!

:rofl The funny thing is where the wall goes around the back, I have 2 other tanks (but I couldn't angle the shot to get them in) so it completes a square :D

My lounge and pc sit smack dab in the middle of them all but this way, if anything's not right with one of my fish, I'll see it quickly :D

Can't you take a pic of the other end too, I wanna see!!!

Jen - Is this your "fish room," or just your family room gone awry? I expect that you don't need a humidifier in the winter, and I'm sure that the sound of all of those filters and aerators makes it sound like a stream running nearby. Looks great. Amazing how you can keep that white substrate looking so white.

Dennis

Jen,

I couldn't even type properly after I saw your tanks. Jaw just dropped to a certain position and had to fix it first.

I'll try and grab another shot tomorrow to show you how they go around the room :D

And honestly Dennis, I barely hear the noise now yet there's a good 19 filters and 9 airpumps running at all times. And this is the downstairs room which I've made my bedroom because it's basically open but most of all, it's tile over concrete so i'm not worried about the floors falling through. Upstairs is just my birds and dogs - they rule that floor :D

I'm also surprised the substrate has stayed white for so long (about 1.5 years now) but that's possibly due to the uv's :hmm It just doesn't seem to attract algae for some reason :D

Jen,

I couldn't even type properly after I saw your tanks. Jaw just dropped to a certain position and had to fix it first.

:rofl

Jen - I'm glad that you added that note about the floor construction. My second thought after looking at your photos was a concern over floor loading, but I decided to keep my mouth shut. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of trickling water, but 19 filters and 9 air pumps, that's impressive. All the more impressive that you sleep there and you barely hear them!

UV, huh? I don't have one of those and may have to give it a try.

BTW, I have a citron-crested cockatoo (Buddy Girl) and a doberman (Tucker, but we call him Bubba) as well. I can't imagine the logistics involved when you go on vacation! Good luck with your crew.

Dennis

That's easy - i get either my mother or my nephew to stay but my nephew is a dab hand at waterchanges so he's my first preference :D

And I've always wanted a cockatoo - they fly wild around here and they're truly amazing creatures. I'd love to see some pics of Buddy Girl and Tucker - i'm a real sucker for dogs, birds and fish..... sheesh, they've certainly taken over my life :thud

:blink: WOW! WOW! WOW! Jen what a beautiful room! Stunning, Amazing.... :exactly

Can I come over to Oz to live with you please! :please

wow, with a few more tanks, you'll have an aquarium opening for the public!

"Jen's Goldfish House" charge- 5 goldfish pellets, or 1/2 teaspoon goldfish flakes will be fine :rofl

Edited by love-rabbit-fish

wow, thats alot of tanks!!!

Sorry if you said this already, but in the bottom right tank in the frist 2 shots(the 60 right) what kind of light tubes are you using? The colors of the fish are so bright!!

:rofl:o OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why I've never seen so many tanks in one room!!! :hmm:ignore OOPS!!! Oh yes I have. :rofl3

The pics look great by the way,and I have to say how very impressed that I am with the conditions that they're always in.No matter what,they always look so darn perfect. :theater: You keep having babies though and you won't have a place for your bed anymore. :rofl Great pics-----Show us more!!!

:) Wow, that is alot of tanks! And they all look wonderful. They all have that "Crisp" look as always. I think you use some fancy, expensive "French" bottled water to make your tanks look so clear! :rofl I always love your tanks Jen. :heart

Your tanks could be in an Evian ad, really.

I love the white gravel, it looks so zen and peaceful.

Some day I'm totally stealing your tank theme when you had the barebottom and the glass planters with white gravel. Sooooo pretty : )

HD TANKS! :rofl

Seriously, the tanks look so clear and bright, not to mention healthy.

Just beautiful Jen!! :heart I love them all, theyre so bright and clean! My fave is the one with the broadleaf plants in it. :heart

WOW! :) They are beautiful Jen.

But--Where do you live with all those tank's in there?? :tomuch:

You must be very proud of all of them Jen--They are all so clean and the fish all look wonderful!! :heart You a good fish momma, That's for sure.

Now where are those other 2 tank's that you mentioned??

Beautiful fish in sparkling clean tanks! Ahhhhhhh is there anything better?

Green with envy over here!

Goreous, stunning, absolutely jaw-doppingly beautiful tanks Jen. No wonder your fish are so beautiful - they have lovely homes to live in. What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks so much for the kind comments guys - I'm that chuffed :heart

MrB - of course you can as long as you don't mind doing - ummmm.... well waterchanges weekly? It only takes a few seconds each weekend rofl2.gif

Fuzzy - I use Hagen globes both Aquaglo and Powerglo together. I can't wait to get them for the T5's - that yellow hue is thowing me off :D

Sharon, I'm thinking of sleeping upstairs because I could fit a really great 6x2x2 along the back wall where my bed currently is but then it hits me .... I'd have to pay for it! Darn tanks and their prices :thud

And lol Lola - if I have to drink tap water then my fish have to swim in it. Mind you, I drink it with the ammonia still in it :o

Spacecakegirl - I hope you'll post some pics of your barebottom when it's done, I really loved it but had nowhere to wedge all these logs I have, so I'm looking forward to seeing yours :D

You like the broadleaf tank Erin? I love the tank itself, it's my favourite because it's the only tank i've received brand spankin new but i think it looks a bit dull. That's probably because of the the manky lighting it currently has :hmm

And Dells - the lounge is smack in the middle of the tanks but I do live upstairs also it's just that for some reason, I always feel at peace with the tanks around me :D

Wow, that's fantastic! The glow from all those aquariums must be nice.