Fry

LuvMuhFred

well last year I had fry to Dalamar and Sunset....unfortunately I lost them :(

This year I have fry to Sunset with Blu

This is the oldest one who now has his own 10 gal tank

Its just a plastic rubermaid tub, but I got the filter and seeded it in the main tank

When setting it up I used half water from the main tank and half fresh water. I tested twice a day for 2 weeks but using the pre-seeded filter and water I hd no probs...it was cycled in time to put my new baby in :)

000_0042.jpg

He hatched on 20th Nov 2006 this is a pic 1 month later

Oh my! That is the cutest little fry :heart Well done you. He is a lovely color :D and is going to get nice and big in a tub all to himself.

have to look close here as it is not a glass tank its very hard to get pics

but under my hand you should see him swimming

Picture217.jpg

I formatted my PC the day before I came back here. I saved all the pics to DVD x 2

So I have over 8 gig of pics alone of all my fish!! but Its too hard to sort them all out now

I hope these pics are ok

yup he seemed just an opaque color, no real color, then he got some metalic shimmers...its hard to describe.

he/she is a sand color...faint hints of grey too

very pale but the metallic scales do shine in the light :)

mum is orange butterfly oranda (Sunset)

dad is blue oranda

from what I have read this combination in the genitics produces chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KOKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I may have a choco for you :)

I sure hope so but time will tell

Got another 3 fry same parentage but they tiny so Imnpot holding my breath if you know what I mean

Would you look at that :D What a cute little thing :heart This little fellow is going to be a real looker. Any chance of a pic of Sunset as she is today? And Blu? I'd love to see how she looks now that she's doing well ..... and the daddy :D

Its good to hear so many fry are about :) Must be the weird weather this year.

Ok here is daddy (Blue) when I got him

26-sep-2005-001-1.jpg

When he finished qt and was in the main tank

july2006075.jpg

Note the size of him compared to the themometer and the rocks.

here is Blue 6 months ago

july2006095.jpg

here is Blue and sunset 2 days after xmas (ignore the date on the camera as I got it for xmas and didnt do the date right)

oct161.jpg

oct126.jpg

oct152.jpg

oct159.jpg

You can really tell by comparing Blue to those same rocks how much he has grown. Sunset unfortunately has not grown at all :(

Another of sunset which shows her big belly full of eggs.

Taken 2 days after xmas

oct146.jpg

I have 2 fry from that lot of spawning. (Hatched on 3rd Jan)

and here are the fry (bit hard to see) one died a week or so after this pic.

Picture174.jpg

and this is them yesterday, have to look really hard to see them. there are 2 large and 1 smaller which was born on the 11th Jan

Picture284.jpg

I hear ya. I have 35-40 fry right now!! :thud I will be getting another tank before Valentines Day at least that should last them for awhile. :) The tank in your photo there is just BEAUTIFUL! I love how the light is hitting it and how you have the decor so natural. :heart

Thanks glitterfish I am very proud of my main tank I have used many a backgrounds in the past but settled for this...it is simply blue celophane wrapper!!! That you wrap presents in....I got it for $2.00 a roll and it did this tank plus another 3 smaller tanks...I just sticky taped it to the back of the glass :) it is transparent so the light gets in from the window for my plants as you can see the blinds to the window behind the tank, but it gives a nice blue tinge.

My friends think Im nuts, every time they visit.......they gotta have a tour of all the tanks LOL

some even now know when they visit....I hand them buckets of water....help do waterchanges in exchange for a home cooked meal and a glass of wine :rofl

as for the plants half are plastic the others are real. this tank grows plants so fast I have to twice a month cut them back, then this gives me new plants for the other tanks...or I put them in a plant tank that has no fish in it to keep for later :)

Thanks oldhag :) The tiny ones are the ones I worry about! I hope they get a big as the other one.

I so want to see how they turn out..color, shape.

Its all so exciting!!

I hope mine get nice and big and strong like yours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Those pice are wonderful (both fry and your older guys) and hasn't Blue grown loads? Sunset is looking so wonderful and as long as she's healthy - being a little squirt isn't all that bad :D

I was going to ask you how you got that lovely aquamarine colour through your tank and was wondering if it was the tint of the glass - but cellophane? What an amazing idea!! :D I think I may need to pinch it because i've always wanted that lovely aqua colour in my tanks -- makes me think of the tropics :D

I'm still amazed at how much your little redcap looks like my winnie - a very close resemblance indeed :heart

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry its been so long

Im not well

anyway...I got pics a few weeks ago and updated pics today so I promise I will post them within 48hours

I lost one of the small fry :(

The one in his 10 gal is doing suburb! and so big!!!!! he just so cute I wanna cuddle him hehehe and he is also hand feeding wohoo!!!

The two others have hade a major change, one got so big so fast its amazing, I had to separate them so the last tiny one gets food. he is so tiny tiny!

I will upload the pics tomorow if I can.

Love u all@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry you aren't feeling well. I just re-read this thread. Your tank is so beautiful :exactly Hand feeding already huh? That's so cute :heart Looking forward to more pics here when you feel better :)