Goldfish Dvd's

JohnF

There are 3 good videos on youtube that were posted on here a while back. the only downside is that they were in japanese. still intresting though.

I tried lookeing for them, but i couldnt find them.

What type are you looking for? Pictures of good looking fish? INstructions? Teaching?

Informative and educational. There are great dvd's on Koi such as -

Breeding Koi The Japanese Way

Springtime in KOI Land

The Yamakoshi Trilogy

Hiroshima Dreaming

Living Jewels

Niigata Secrets

Project Koi Pond

Successful Water Gardening

The All Japan Show

The Koi Keepers Volumes 1-5

something spectacular ...........

I have a VHS tape from the goldfish show in Ohio, I believe it was 2000 or so. I think I found it on ebay.... :unsure:

Too bad that there aren't more goldfish related DVD's out - those koi DVD's sure sound great. :heart

• 2 weeks later...
I have come across a 5-DVD box set covering a 28-topic series on ornamental fish. In Disc 2, there is a very good informative feature on goldfish. Check it out: My Webpage

Hey John,

It's an interesting one. Where do you buy it? I don't see it on amazon or google?

Fuzzy Peaches: the links where brill! i loved the pictures and the fish are all drool worthy, but i've gotta say that i couldn't help but wonder why one of the guys was painting his fish?

Fuzzy Peaches: the links where brill! i loved the pictures and the fish are all drool worthy, but i've gotta say that i couldn't help but wonder why one of the guys was painting his fish?

He was actually bleaching it to make the markings 'better'. That is the only part i dont like.

[

Hey John,

It's an interesting one. Where do you buy it? I don't see it on amazon or google?

A friend bought them for me while visiting Aquarama 2005 (9th International Aquarium Fish & Accessories Exhibition & Conference) in Singapore.

He was actually bleaching it to make the markings 'better'. That is the only part i dont like.

At least he was gentle enough to use a brush. Not to mention the new trend of injecting or "juicing" goldfish! They use Induline, Nigrosine, and Benzinide dyes which are commonly used in printers. In fact, the injection process is alleged to cause high mortalities. Over 40% of painted fish suffer from lymphocystis virus. This disease manifests itself as small whitish growths on the fish's body and fins. The stress of being injected with dye also lowers the fish's natural immunity. Histopathological investigations revealed lesions that included microgranulomas in the kidney, severe hepatocellular vacuolar change and degeneration. :cry1 Bugge*s are selling dyed goldfish under the name of "Jellybean goldfish". This practice should be stopped! (Sorry for being out of subject).

That's horrid!!

I also didn't like the "hanging globes"

well, the fish most likely don't live all their lives in the globes. They probally live in a pond or tank somewhere else. They wouldn't look that healthy living their entire lives in one of those globes.