I Swear Honey... We're Just Going To Daust's House For Some Media...

Katalyst

So I was lucky enough to live pretty close to Daust & she was nice enough to offer me some of her media...As I am still in cycling h-e double two sticks...She also gave me a very neat moss ball which my maniac fish are already trying to eat...

When we spoke on the phone today she told me about an tri colored oranda she had that was bullying some of her new addictions additions and asked me if I had the room. I replied how badly I've love an oranda and said I was sure the boyfriend would say no. He did...And off we went with a bucket and a lid with my penn plax portable air bubbler just erm in case. Yeah....

Needless to say Angela and I both begged, and even made ridiculous promises to add this fish to my already overstocked 150. At one point I even said I'd give away some of my fish, a lie of course. OMG I'm smuggling fish medication over the border and lying to my significant other, I need to make my way back over to the Goldfish Anonymous thread I'm thinking...

Here he is in his new twenty gallon home.... :rofl He is the sweetest little thing, already swimming to the top when I walk by the tank. :)

I will of course need new accomplices to keep up excuses why he can't go into the 150. Todays excuse...He has to be quarantined, I can't just put him straight into the tank, are you crazy? :rofl

Next week I figured I'd make up some sort of illness that must be treated seperately....That should buy me like 2 more weeks...One of my fish has a perm split fin, or has since I've had her for three months. I'm figuring I could then say OMG patched attacked Sunny today!!! I have to keep her alone!

I was really lucky to meet Angela and her lovely family and hopefully we can meet up again soon!

Anyway without further adieu here is the newest addition to the family..

Patches :heart

This fish gives some serious pout....

Hey ummm this doesn't seem familiar...

Fishnapped2.jpg

OMG I've been fish napped!

Fishnapped1.jpg

What's up here then?

Fishnapped3.jpg

:) Very nice! It's great when the opportunity comes up to meet another Koko's member.

I myself have a good buddie,Smack that I've gotten to meet( a wonderful young lady :heart )

It's also great to get a new fish out of that friendship-You have to help another member out of course. :rolleyes::rofl CONGRATS!!!!

*giggles*

Kat you are INSANE and I love you for it!

Okay so um, quarantining periods can last up to a month even for healthy fish... so you've got an excuse right there for a month of keeping her alone. After that... I'd suggest adding one of your fancies (you have a couple of fancies too right?) to her tank, rather than sticking her in the 150... tell him, "She's a known bully, I need to test her out and see if she gets along" or something.

Then give them another two weeks or so to see if they are getting along or not. So then you've got 6 weeks already. At that point maybe he's forgotten that she was supposed to live in the overstocked tank?

But seriously, if she is KNOWN to be an aggressive fish, keeping her separate might be a good choice anyway.

Just my two cents though.

:) What a cutie! I love that little face. :heart Glad you were able to help (hehe) out Daust! And its wonderful she was there to offer you help.

Isn't it great that you have a member so close to you!!! I would love that.

*giggles*

Kat you are INSANE and I love you for it!

I was going to protest this comment...Until I realized I dreamt a combination of two things last night.

* I was back in college in a lecture with my python draped over my legs and it was on and running (in vacuum mode). I kept having to apologize to my professor for the sucking noise the python was making and the rest of my classmates were very annoyed.

Insane dream # two

*I was driving around with the Taliban but I *had* to be nice to them because they were raising money for a surprise party for my Dad....Meanwhile our last name is Gallagher so what this means I have no idea.

*gets off of couch*

Ahhhh I feel better now....Insane moi? Most definately...

Incidently L.E. Pirin I have all common/comets so the boyfriends argument is they will be too fast for him. Allthough watching her swim in the twenty I was curious about how she'd handle swimming in a tank with 3 Aqua Clear 110's. So I stuck in my AQ 70 and the current was way too strong for her. I was so nervous his pretty little tail would get sucked into the filter that I have a spong on my intake filter. The only fish I have other then Patches with a long tail is Sweet Pea aka The White Finned Terror and she's big enough she cruises around the tank like a shark...

Hi Kat,

Glad to see Patches is settling in. Great pictures! Mine always turn out like blobs with eyes. I miss him even more now! But at least my ranchus aren't getting stressed out from the little tricolour one fish army relentlessly picking at them! So how is your significant other taking it? I guess he didn't have much of a chance with both of us hammering at him!LOL :D Hopefully the media will help with your cycling. My husband is still shaking his head. Drive half an hour for a bucket of water and a little bag of filter media? He just doesn't understand does he! Next time you guys come up (when you need some media for your next tank ha ha!) you should stay for a B & B (Beers and Bonfire). You know you're going to need another tank when you come with me to Andrew's in the spring! :)

Angela

So how is your significant other taking it?

He wants to kill both of us lol.

I guess he didn't have much of a chance with both of us hammering at him!

We were pretty relentless...I can see us haggling Andrew already...LOL

My husband is still shaking his head. Drive half an hour for a bucket of water and a little bag of filter media? He just doesn't understand does he!

My boyfriend thinks he needs his head examined for driving for a bucket of water and media in the snow lol.

Next time you guys come up (when you need some media for your next tank ha ha!) you should stay for a B & B (Beers and Bonfire). You know you're going to need another tank when you come with me to Andrew's in the spring! :)

We would love to! As far as more fish go, I do have a 15 gallon slate bottom in the basement...Though I find it far too small lol...I'm already looking on craigslist...I'm going to get shot.

I'm sure you do miss your little guy...You are always welcome to visit him. At the moment he is having a ball in my kitchen....I rearranged things a bit last night and am able to position him right in front of a window, he seemed to enjoy playing in the sun rays so much that I peeled the background down and he seems to be having a ball with the bubbles and the sun... :heart

I didn't notice last night but in the sunlight I noticed that he has somemirrored/sequin like scales? They are gorgeus! I thought only Koi had that! Surely this means I should get another like fish or a telescope and breed them no? lol Where did you get him from? I just can't believe his handsome scales! I want more! lol

Ya he is a little terror beauty. Lots of types of goldfish have nacreous (I think that's how you spell it) scales. Ranchu, Lionhead I just found out, Ryukins, Orandas and even my little pearlscale/Ryukiin has a few. Interestingly, on him, they are curved like a pearlscale too! Can't wait to see what they end up looking like when he's bigger. :)

Angela

You know you're going to need another tank when you come with me to Andrew's in the spring! :)

Angela

Are you kidding me - only one tank?? Ha, thats gotta be the joke. You two off to Andrew, that calls for at least 3 new tanks, and big ones at that. Going to Andrew, going to Andrew, going to Andrew....nice dream, now I have to wake up from it! :tomuch:

Your fish has the "spangles" I could tell from the picture! He must be quarantined completely for a long period of time.....at least until the "spangles" go away, or He grows out of them :)

I dunno......could take a while!

whoops! there goes my pants again! :blink:

Are you kidding me - only one tank?? Ha, thats gotta be the joke. You two off to Andrew, that calls for at least 3 new tanks, and big ones at that.

I will only buy ONE goldfish. Only one. Not two or five or eight. One. O...N...E. Honest. Hmmmm...my pants seem to have caught fire just now also. Ouch! I just bumped my nose as I turned. Must be a virus going around. :D

Angela

Last night the boyfriend said as he looked at Patches, 6 more days and he's in the big tank...I did kinda put a sponge on the end of the filter intake yesterday because of his long tail. When I was asked why I did that I said he was having a hard time swimming and I was afraid he'd get sucked up Which is also why I proclaimed why I decorated the tank and put things in front of the filter to break the current. :rofl ...And said I think the filtration is too strong....(Its an AQ 30) its so not too strong! You see where this is going right? If he can't swim successfully in with an AQ 30...How would he possibly swim with 3 AQ 110's?

I think my nose and my pants on are fire. :rofl

Edited by Katalyst

I will only buy ONE goldfish. Only one. Not two or five or eight. One. O...N...E. Honest.

Angela

Uh-uh, yes, sure, honey, whatever you say, we believe you - only one fish. Going to Andrew's and buying only fish, sure, sounds easy enough, no problem, yep. Okay, right.......HAHAHAHAHAHA...... :rofl