Egg Again

small_ranchu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only see 2. May b this is special gift for me. I want to update w/ the pic but my girlfriend took my camera. They are fine so far, swimming and eating everyday.

I also see a snail out of nowhere in the fry tank. Small one. May be it comes with anacharis. What should I do with him? Thank you.

How many eggs did you have?

I also got some snails in my fry tank when I bought a new plant, but my fry where older then, and I didn't have any problems.

Congrats to your 2 little ones, if you just keep the water perfect they will do fine (if there isn't any defects on them of course) I made a lot of mistake with my earlier fry, for example ammonia, but I am sure you are keeping the water clean!

This is so exciting! Two hatched :nana:rockon and you saw them eat!! How cute and how cool! :heart

You got a free snail too...fun :D !

:) Congrats to you Fred.Last year,I only managed to save a couple eggs on a plant,and only one hatched.That would be Won Ton.At first I was disappointed that I only caught the end of the spawn,and that there were 3 eggs,but when Won hatched and I started watching him grow-all of a sudden it dawned on me....What the heck would I have done with 50 Red Orandas? :krazy: I think Won was special,just like I think the two that hatched for you are.It's a little harder this way when you're only dealing with 2 fry because they're so tender at this stage,but even if you only end up with one--think of the experience and how lucky you were to see it. :exactly

Oh I wish you luck with those little ones! So you have 3 at last!

About the water level I'm no expert, I think it looks good as it is. I didn't have more water when my fry were babies.

Archived