Moose Is A Mommy!

Aleiah

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

moose is acting normal again. she's definitely way more mellow than pre-spewing! i bet she's really tired... well, it looks like we're gonna be doing some water changes tomorrow! :bingo:

stay tuned... pix coming soon!!! :D

we found these all over the decorations and the bottom on 1/22/07!

DSC05309.jpg

so HTB and i scrambled to take out the most egged stuff! for now, the air is coming off of the 33-gal air valve splitter thingy...

DSC05310.jpg

today, i saw the clear sphere within the clear sphere! (sitting on the rim of the glass) sorry about the clarity though...

DSC05312.jpg

here's a better picture of another one on the clear rock!

DSC05313.jpg

Im sure she'll be OK. Radish was a little tired too. Especially since Rudolph didnt give up after one day. :rolleyes:

The eggs look great!! Looks like you have some good ones there. Congrats! :heart

Edited by glitterfish

thanks!! we are so lucky to have people like you guiding us through this... it's going to be a long, meticulous process, but your support makes it so much easier! thanks so much! :heart

btw, did i mention that i saw my first pair of black dots in an egg before i left the office tonight???? i'm so excited!!! it's so amazing to watch the changes within the few hours of a day! :D

Edited by Aleiah

How 'bout a picture of Mommy and Daddy??

here ya go! :)

this is moose... and this whole time we just thought she needed some lipo! :rofl bugsy, the papa, is in my signature

DSC05201.jpg

thanks!! we are so lucky to have people like you guiding us through this... it's going to be a long, meticulous process, but your support makes it so much easier! thanks so much! :heart

btw, did i mention that i saw my first pair of black dots in an egg before i left the office tonight???? i'm so excited!!! it's so amazing to watch the changes within the few hours of a day! :D

You're more than welcome. :) I know I really appreciate all the support I am getting through this. Especially the waiting for the hatching part. :rolleyes: I will keep an eye on this thread.

BTW Moose is LOVELY! Look at that wen, what a sweetie! :heart

What a gorgeous couple! Beautiful wen! Lovely eyes! What will the babies be like? Can't wait to find out!

haha! neither can i!!

and we're on a mission to try to save the other fertilized eggs in the tank now... wish us luck! :)

well... A FEW HATCHED TODAY!!! they're still vertically "hanging", but i noticed one spry lil one darting around already! so i dropped a lil bit of liquid food in there.

now i'm just waiting for the rest of them to hatch... but did you ever notice that they look like the little "sea monkeys"? :rofl

yeah, i've been reading that all over, so i'm probably going to start when more have hatched :D

hehe, to think, i used to really think those were really sea MONKEYS in my itty bitty blue tank... :rofl

hehe, i bought those for them too! but i remember you guys saying that their mouths are soooo small that first bites might be too big... so i got the liquid food for them right now... maybe in a few days, i'll start them on the "sea monkeys" and the first bites! :D

:heart spoiled kids? nah... i'm just a neurotic nervous parent... :krazy:

thanks david! moose's body was about 2" when we bought her... now the body's about 3.5".

your fish can actually get really big in no time if you provide them with good water, good food, and lotsa love! :heart

and before you know it, they'll be giving you tons of babies! :D

Edited by Aleiah

If you can get the (San fransico brand) brine shrimp the babies will be able to eat them as soon as they become free swimming. All the other brands of brine shrimp are a larger stain and would be too big for the babies to eat right away.

Moose is beautiful! love the "fro"! and I love the daddy's name. I had considered naming one of my fish "bloop" but settled on "Glurp" instead.

:rofl both are very fitting names in the language of goldfish, goldfishese!

If you can get the (San fransico brand) brine shrimp the babies will be able to eat them as soon as they become free swimming. All the other brands of brine shrimp are a larger stain and would be too big for the babies to eat right away.

i've seen that brand at the stores... :) i'm thinking about an experiment. since i've got two baby tanks set up right now, i was thinking of using one food in tank one, and another in tank two...

I'm thinking about an experiment. since i've got two baby tanks set up right now, i was thinking of using one food in tank one, and another in tank two...

That's a good idea. Experimenting is a great way to learn.