Sign in to follow this  
daryl

Does Prazi Kill Eggs?

My Phoenix blew eggs all over, but, since I only had one male and 3 females in there and everyone was stressed, I tossed the breeding mops and decided to try another day.

I found flukes and treated with Prazi.

Now I see that the plants are full of fertile eggs.

Are they salvagable or will the Prazi kill them?

I'm not sure but I would definitely wait and see. Congrats on the eggs! (finaly)

Well - eggs are one thing - getting viable fry will be a totally different thing. But - I suppose the eggs are a HUGE step #1!!!!

:)

:) Hoorah for eggs Carol!!! Now if you could only get the "Blues in gear".As for the prazi,well I honestly don't know.With you spotting flukes,I feel like you didn't have much options here,and at least you have a 50/50 chance.Nothing but well wishes for you. :exactly

I dropped them in a spare 10 gallon tank with a seasoned air driven sponge filter. They should be ok there, but not mixed with any other eggs. Perhaps they will make it. I hope so......

Time will tell.

:)

I have one fry left from the spawning with a chilo infested tank. Hopefully yours will survive flukes! (Makes me wonder why fish spawn in infested tanks . . . .)

Anyway, good luck! :heart

Carol, all I ever hear that Methylene blue should be the only thing in with eggs, but I guess since they were spawned in Prazi, there isn't really anything you can do. Besides, if they have traces of those fluke buggers as well, you have an equal chance of the fry being harmed by the flukes.

There is no Prazi in their 10 gl now, right? Can the pet store order some Methylene blue for you? Mine does that all the time, but its not one of those chain store types. :)

I ordered some from the internet the other day, but it will not be here 'till at least Friday. Our local fish shop I liked closed.... :(

I could not help the Prazi - I did not even consider a spawning event. I just wanted to treat the flukes. I felt I should at least give it a shot with the eggs, though.

No - there is no Prazi in with the eggs, now -and it was in there only for about 20 minutes in the beginning.....

Maybe something will come of that egg group - maybe not. I thought I would at least try.

I will let you know if anything works.

I just wanted to stop in and say GOOD LUCK with the eggs! :D

I did not get any viable fry from that spawning. It could be that the flukes were responsible. It could be that the Prazi was responsible. It could be that I really was not trying that hard, for most of my spare tanks are full of new fish in iso, and/or other fry.

I did have success in breeding broadtail Ryukins...... The babies are only a few days old - so not out of the woods yet..... But I have several dozen - maybe as many as 100 of those. We will see how they work out.

These are "Mom" (Red) and "Dad"(Calico)....

post-27-1169905449_thumb.jpg

post-27-1169905502_thumb.jpg

oh Congrat!!! They are beautiful parent. I believe you are going get a lot of quality fish.

Cool- so you finally have some fry! Glad to hear that at least one batch worked! Good looking parents too!

Unfortunately, I STILL cannot take credit for them. The two fish were ones I just bought - and both were "primed" by someone else. They spawned most likely because of the stress of a new home and the travel, etc.

When and if I ever get goldies that I have owned for more than one year to successfully spawn, THEN I will consider that I truly managed to breed them myself. That has not happened, yet. :(

I am, though, exceptionally thrilled about the fry I have. They are a true wonder - so cool to watch. They are growing so fast is is amazing. Imagine - life can emerge from basically nothing within such a short time. A little more than a week ago, those babies did not even exist - and now they are swimming, eating and growing into amazing little creatures. It never ceases to thrill me. :)

Yes, the magic of life! :) I feel just the same, I remember the first time I found a fry in my tank! I couldn't believe fish babies were so tiny!!!

Now I know these tiny creatures really can grow into big, perfect fishies, that's magic!

Congrats! :heart

First let me wipe the drool off of my keyboard . . . .

Those are some gorgeous new fish!! :exactly

Good luck with the fry. No doubt they will be fabulous looking fish with those parents! :heart

Either way, wether you got them to breed or not, the fact that you have kept the fry alive so far, and have been taking good care of them, you get major credit for. Good job. :)