My Cycleing Finished!

Guest chris345

Guest chris345

i waited a month for the stupid cycleing to finish.today i tested the water and the nitrates wre high.(thats a good thing)(i think) :D i got a bottom dweller for 8 bucks at mmm.i dont know what type of bottom dweller but. i will be giving pics soon.(if my camera works)the live rock speeded up the cycleing process

Guest chris345

i waited a month for the stupid cycleing to finish.today i tested the water and the nitrates wre high.(thats a good thing)(i think) :D i got a bottom dweller for 8 bucks at mmm.i dont know what type of bottom dweller but. i will be giving pics soon.(if my camera works)the live rock speeded up the cycleing process

oh did i write nitrates i ment nitrites

• 2 weeks later...

Nitrites are only the second step of the cycling process. Once the ammonia has cycled out it is converted to nitrite, then nitrate. Adding more live rock will help to speed up the process though. I have learned that at least one pound per gallon as a minimum. If you plan on stocking this tank heavily with corals you should put more rock.

Edited by Tolbert

If I were you I'd thinking about adding some Biospira (saltwater of course) as obviously your cycle isn't finished. Also, if you don't know what your new creature is, how will you ever know if what new fish you get is compatible? What if it is eaten or kills everything? What if you want to add corals, and he isn't reef compatible? Please do some research on the animals you bring home. It'll save you a headache in the future and possibly the life of the creature.