Let Me Put This In Horror Section

But I think what the chef said at the end maybe explained why he put it back in the tank??

I hope that someone can speak Japanese in this forum and will translate for us.

In my post a way back I wrote what the chef said :) . He said that he saw this 'trick' in a manga -Japanese comic and he copied it from there :( . Its not normal practice.

Yep. They have to take a special sushi license- not sure about how much they are paid. A certificate should be on the wall of the sushi shop certifying that the chef has passed his sushi tests. Recently there was a new authenticity certificate being produced for Japanese sushi, as some Japanese were concerned at how sushi was being adapted to Western taste and that old sushi traditions and rules were being forgotten...mmmm.

• 4 weeks later...

I also fish and hunt, which I see nothing wrong with; but in fishing we put the fish live in a cooler of water, then kill them outright at the end of the day. For hunting, I never take a shot that I'm not certain will be an instant kill. We all need to eat, but there is never a need to be cruel like that. Unfortunately, some of the larger chicken producers treat their animals almost as badly.

• 7 months later...
anyone who eats fish like salmon shouldn't critacize these people.

First of all, I did not click on the link to watch the video and I probably never will. I have a general idea of what happens in the video from what you guys are posting.

This are my beliefs regarding killing animals.

1. Animals eating other animals are part of the food chain. Although I personally do not hunt or fish, I cannot criticize anyone that do if they do it strictly for the sake of food & eating their kill. As long as one is not a complete vegeterian, it would be quite hypocritical to do so.

2. However, and I feel very very strongly about this, anyone that hunts or fishes for the sake of just killing or "sports", is a sick cowardly person. I have much stronger words to describe these losers but this is a family forum so I shall refrain.

3. In the case of killing for food, it should be done quickly and as "painless" as possible. There is no reason to torture or prolong the killing.

:twocents

anyone who eats fish like salmon shouldn't critacize these people.

Jack of Heart said it, have you watch the video, it's ok to eat Fish, but cruelty is unacceptable. They should or i prefer them kill the fish right away isntead of cut off both side of the fish and put it back into the tank and make it suffer.

• 2 months later...
:cry1 i cant believe somone could actually eat after taking a look at that fishes eyes and watch the last gulps of air it the poor fish ... its still trying and failing to live how could u not have mercy and end it? how could u wathc something so weak struggle like that and not want to help it

umm I just seen this my oppion in catching fish to eat is fine.. kill it fastly never catch them and torture them and throw them back.. fish are a important part of may ppl's diet.. it's also good for you.. but from what i seen in those vids.. that was unhumane.. really.. The fish on the table was suffering and I hope it was in shock and couldn't feel any of that.. I dunno to me that was indeed cruel.. unfortunaly we will always have ppl like that who practice such cruel ways of killing fish/animals period.. Ive never ate sushie.. ive heard it's yummy.. but i'll never try it.. Shoot everytime I go into red lobster I feel for those lobsters that are awaiting their death.. :cry1

• 2 weeks later...
Fishing for food is fine, but torturing and maiming a living creature to provide yourself with a novelty food is obscene. Kill the fish outright.

Would anyone ever think of doing that to a cow? Chicken? No. There would be a huge outcry that it was cruelty, and someone would be going to court.

Would anyone ever think of doing that to a cow or chicken?The answer to that is yes,and belive me it's more important that there steak and bucket of chicken arrive in a timley fashion,and usually the "companys" never get charged with anything.But i wont rant or tell you anything more than that,because i dont want to be known as one of those mean rude peta people...but i wish animal cruelty laws there(in the video) prevented things like that from happening.

• 2 weeks later...

The second one...there's a longer clip on youtube of them preparing it...it's scary. Apparently they fry middle, and keep the head and tail raw and alive. That's...I just don't know the words. It's crazy, and unethical. There are tons of videos like that on youtbue, some aren't that bad...on some of them the fish are obviously still dead and just having muscle spasms, but on some the fishes are CLEARLY still alive. :( ''Fish don't feel pain, though!'' ...Yeah, right. Anyone who has ever saw a sick fish knows they feel pain.

The second one...there's a longer clip on youtube of them preparing it...it's scary. Apparently they fry middle, and keep the head and tail raw and alive. That's...I just don't know the words. It's crazy, and unethical. There are tons of videos like that on youtbue, some aren't that bad...on some of them the fish are obviously still dead and just having muscle spasms, but on some the fishes are CLEARLY still alive. :( ''Fish don't feel pain, though!'' ...Yeah, right. Anyone who has ever saw a sick fish knows they feel pain.

Omgosh! That video of the fish on the plate?! my gosh that is horrible, those stupid, screwed up in the head are idiots! Let see if some monster capture them sew their mouth of or take away their vocal cort and then tie them up and fry in the middle of thier body and let them eat them and then say "HUMAN DONT FEEL PAIN, BECAUSE THIS HUMAN HAVEN"T MAKE ANY ###### SOUND" of course they feel pain, just becasue they cant talk doesn't mean they dont. Those idiots ticked me off so much! ARG I mean i'm ok if people eat fish, but please omosh make it quick and painless! They are sick ???????? like seeing these poor fishes suffer!

I heard of a video, were in an asian restaurant, they had koi in a tank, and the chefs would take them out, cut a fillet out of them, and but them back in to swim around, until they had another fillet order!

they eat koi?! :blink: that is horrible. They just need to make it quick and painless! Gosh those idiots ticked me off

Archived