I Will Be Waiting For The Mail

bettaqueen

I am getting a half moon yellow thailand male from my breeder friend when I get my new female. He is a beauty.I love Zeke and Candy but a freind of mine here in St. Louis lost their two bettas when we had the bad ice storm that knocked out all of the power. He is really jonesing for a couple of new bettas to replace the ones he lost . My Breeder friend was gracious enough to offer me his female he just got from Thailand. She is infertile and since he is a breeder he said he would give her to me. Well he also is going to let me have a thai yellow male half moon he done using for breeding. I am so excited. I am really going to miss Zeke and Candy but I know I will be making my freind happy again. here is a pic of the male I am getting

111a7hb3.jpg

Wow Kris he is a beauty and he knows it.Congrats on the new boy.We just dont seem to get crowntails here very often.

He told me he is mailing him and the female on Monday by priority mail. So I am thinking I will get them on Tuesday or Wednesday. I also getting some indian almond leaf from him. He has a nephew who lives in Malaysa ( where he is orginally from) that sends it to him. It really makes the water good for bettas.

:) How exciting for you Kris.And the yellow is so pretty.You rarely see that color around.So you gave Zeke up to your friend? That must have been tough,but very sweet of you. Congrats on your new ones.

Thanks everyone. I am sooo excited to be getting him . I believe my friend is maling him today. I love his color too.He is a betta from Thailand. My friend got him off aquabid . He was intending on breeding him but discoverd that he really did not own a good matchup to breed with him ( he breeds so he has about 100 bettas- I am not kidding) so he agreed to let me have him. It was really hard to give up Zeke Devs. I almost backed out of the deal a couple times and got teary eyed. It is hard to believe I got so attached to the little guy. I guess his being near death and making it back to health with your good advice and prayer that got me attached to him. But even though it was hard to give him away, I know I am brightening my other friend's life and making him happy. We had a huge ice storm here in St. Louis and he lives in the area of St. Louis that lost power ( icy tree limbs falling on power lines and snapping them) While he was without power he lost 50 tropicals , his bettas and only a his goldies survived. So he was extremely happy to get them. He will take excellent care of Zeke. I typed out instructions for him on special care Zeke needs ( heater, melafix and salt) .

They made it today. Kris does a happy dance all around her desk. They are doing great. There was a snafu at my local post office that is why it took them so long to get here. but they finally made it. The box was a little dinge up but they are doing great. They even ate some food. Shortly I am going home from work early and they will be going into their luxury accomidations- 2.5 gallon minibows with plants and hidey holes.

THanks Mr.Bumblebee. It is all gonna work out well. I get to leave work early today cause my refrig in my apartment door will not stay shut and my landlord is moving one from another apartment to mine today so I have to be home for the mover. so they will be going home to nice warm tanks . I do have a question though. I have two 2.5 gallon minibows. Sunti's tank ( Zeke's old one) has a crack in the front the just appeared out of nowhere. It is not leaking. Do you think I need a new one? I got it second hand from someone off craigslist and she told me it was only a month old and it was actually in perfect shape when I got it. Do you think if it is not leaking it will be o.k.?

I have two 2.5 gallon minibows. Sunti's tank ( Zeke's old one) has a crack in the front the just appeared out of nowhere. It is not leaking. Do you think I need a new one? I got it second hand from someone off craigslist and she told me it was only a month old and it was actually in perfect shape when I got it. Do you think if it is not leaking it will be o.k.?

It's always hard to say really Kris, it depends how comfortable you feel knowing it's there as well. I'm not familiar with those tanks - are they plastic or glass? On the plus side, 2.5 gals won't exert a huge amount of pressure, but then again if it is a bow-fronted design and the crack is on the front it may be weakened. Is the crack in the centre area? That would be worse. If the crack came from nowhere as well that is a bit worrying too. To be honest it's hard to say without seeing it, if they are fairly inexpensive it may be worth trying to get another one - new or used. Really, it depends on how comfortable you feel with it to some extent. :unsure:

Thanks Mr.Bumblebee. it is a used one. It is made of plastic and the crack is in the front going up the middle a little. Even thought it is empty I have had it full of water with the pump running in preperation for Suti's arrival. I am wondering if the heat from the heater caused it. I am gonna take that out for Sunti. he is a young fish and should not need it like Zeke did. I am thinking the heater might have done it. If I leave the light on in the tank it stays around 76-78 without the heater. I may try the tank till I am able to get a new one next week when I get paid.

Yeah, it may have been the heater then Kris, you were heating quite high for Zeke as I remember as well? Most small plastic tanks are OK for aquarium heaters though, maybe check out the packaging on the new one just to see if it says anything specifically about using heaters. If it's not leaking, then it should be fine for a short while but definately keep a close eye on it, particularly because of where the crack is :)