Sign in to follow this  
Guest Claysax

What Breed Are My Goldfish?

Guest Claysax

Hello,

I would just like to know what breed my two gold fish are.

Goldfish #1 (Wilbur)

100_0569.jpg

Goldfish #2 (Bessy)

100_0559.jpg

And the two together (plus my ryukin Copper) :)

100_0555.jpg

Anything is appreciated :D

Has the first one got a single or a double tail? Looks very much like a comet to me.

I also thought comet, but if it has the double tail I'm thinking fantail. But when it's older it might end up growing abit of a wen. You never know.

Guest Claysax

Yes, the first goldfish (wilbur) does have a double tail and what looks like the beginnings of wen. He also has some interesting features that i would best describe as eye lashes. Sorry about the pictures, but i am a horrible photographer :) The photos are misleading, he is much prettier in real life.

Yes, the first goldfish (wilbur) does have a double tail and what looks like the beginnings of wen. He also has some interesting features that i would best describe as eye lashes. Sorry about the pictures, but i am a horrible photographer :) The photos are misleading, he is much prettier in real life.

Ooh, with a wen then he's really an oranda! How cute!

Could be the teeniest wen in the world!

Haha, good luck with him. It's like you're a parent and you really really want your kid to be a lawyer when they grow up, but you know, if they're just a teacher you'll still love them anyway.

Fantails do grow into lovely big fish!

Looks like it has about the size of wen as some of the orandas they send us at work, they're usually about 2" when we get them so you practically have to get out a magnifying glass to tell which are the orandas and which fantails. Pretty fish! I love Bessy, but then again I'm partial to calicos :)

Guest Claysax

However hard i may try, i find that i too am partial to Bessy. She looks so elegant in real life. It is good to know that both my fish are orandas. Thanks for the comments, i will relay them to my fish. lol

wilbur might just need some more protein in his diet to make his wen grow! same case with 4 of our gf... when we first bought them, they had no trace of any wens! but they were still sold as "orandas". after about 3 months of waiting for wens to grow, i was convinced that we were ripped off at the pet store. :krazy:

then i started feeding them a more protein-rich diet, and BOOM! all 4 wens are growing in nicely! :D

but your fishies are still very cute! oranda, or not! :exactly

Guest Claysax

Sounds good, does anyone have a recommendation for protein rich goldfish foods. Also, i am not sure what the rules say about changing the subject but i recently began using Amquel together with the LiveNH3 Test Meter that constantly monitors ammonia. Will it still give me accurate results. I would look to see whether or not its based on nessler reagents but i through away the box. Anything helps. :)

Sounds good, does anyone have a recommendation for protein rich goldfish foods. Also, i am not sure what the rules say about changing the subject but i recently began using Amquel together with the LiveNH3 Test Meter that constantly monitors ammonia. Will it still give me accurate results. I would look to see whether or not its based on nessler reagents but i through away the box. Anything helps. :)

face1.png

I like feeding with Omega One's Goldfish sinking pellets, they're rich in protein and the largest portion of the ingredients are WHOLE FISH rather than some type of grain like some other goldfish staple foods. There are lots of other foods too if you want to check out the GOLDFISH FOOD section of the forum, lots of detailed talk over there.

Edited by Nenn