Sign in to follow this  
Guest moormanblack

Commons

Ok, just so we understand each other.

I will give you some advice, the clerks at the store are ill informed. The gf you have need 20 gals of water each to live in a healthy environment. Not one fish per gallon. So I am sorry they told you wrong, but if you want these to live you are going to have to take care of them and do what is best.

That is where we can help you. We can give you information on helping them. But you have to be able to do what we suggest, or it is just us wasting our time.

Hopefully that makes sense. At 13, you are young, but many young people are responsible and can deal with helping their fish get well.

The first thing you need to do is an immediate 100% water change.

Do you have a water conditioner? you will need one, use it everytime you change the water in the tank.

Are you able to get a bigger tank, or take back some of the fish?

Guest moormanblack

ok guys i get it now will you all stop picking on me??

We are not trying to pick on you. We are trying to help you and your fish. You asked if what your fish are doing is normal, then you tell us one died, we are here to help.

It seems that when we tell you something you either ignore it, or go on to a new subject.

Bare with us, we are trying to figure out if you want help or not.

It is really very simple, Moormanblack - there are certain rules on this forum (like on most other forums), and there are categories in which certain questions belong.

By posting all kinds of different question in one section you are not only irritating other members, you are not helping your fish either, because they need help, and if a question is asked in the wrong section, help might not get to them fast enough.

Besides, you have gotten plenty of the same advice for your fish (there are too many in too small of a space), so you have to change that one way or the other. It is sad, but a fact of life, that we often get wrong suggestions from pet store employees, but now the damage is done. You have to decide how you wonna take care of your fish, and if you wonna give them the best with what is available to you.

Being so young, buying a bigger tank is a big obstacle, and often there is only one way out - bringing some of the fish back, or finding new homes for them. There is however the possibility of you taken care of their water and going way out of your way with water changes to at least keep them from getting sick, but honestly, from what I have read in your posts, that isn't likely to happen.

And last, but not least, don't use your young age as an excuse. Even young people have to have the sense of respect and logic one way or the other, which starts in school and should continue at home. I don't see you talking to your teachers the way you talked to Sandy and Laurie earlier. I see how being anonymous on an online forum makes people a bit more feisty at times, but I tell you now that you will have to show people here the respect that they deserve. After all, we are only here to help you, and we don't tolerate this tone of voice.

You need help with your fish - fine. But you will talk in a respectful manner, and will respect the rules here, just like you would in school or at home.

u know this site is filled with information for beginners that's why i made this site, u need read some of the links the others have provided u, if the tank is smaller than 10gals for a baby goldfish then i suggest not having them, its not fare to them, we aren't trying to pick on u, we are here to save the lives of goldfish, since most people think they are throw away fish, they aren't......

I have a 8 year old in my home and very happy to have him in my life, read up and learn.

And also, when it comes to a bigger home, if you really o care about these fish then at least get a big rubbermaid for them. You can get 10$ somehow I imagine. And just change alot of the water everyday. Make sure to use water conditioner.

If you take good care of your fish, they will live long, get big and you might even be able to teach them tricks. Having them eat out of your hand is really cool. Goldfish are awesome. But if you just want a fish to fit in a 5 gallon, get a betta. but you still have to care for it.

I wish you and your fish good luck. I hope you stick around and decide your fish are worth it.

g2g

He's scared now leh :rolleyes: made the quick exit

moormanblack, don't runaway, man. We're the friendliest gf forum around. Nobody has picked on you at all. We're here to guide you and make sure that your fish lives, if you're willing to co-operate ;)

Guest moormanblack

ok thanks

they all died except one in the night so im sorry i put u through the trouble :cry1