Sign in to follow this  
dengundam

Slowing, And Staying In One Spot

Mt goldie is not realy moving much he remains in the left side of the tank in the middle of the water. I notice that the nitrate and amounia is a bit high could this explain why he is acting like this?

Yes it could. Can you post your levels along with the other information asked for in the box. That way we can help you fix what is going on before the fish gets any sicker.

the

nitrate is a little more than 0 ppm

nitrite is 0 ppm

amonia is 0-0.25 ppm

and ph is 7.7

there are 1 fish in a 29g

:) Well,going by your number's for params,your Ammonia is up a bit-nothing that a good water changes won't fix. You don't have any Nitrates,so I'm curious is to how long this tank has been up and running-----Is it cycled?

Have you seen the fish pooing,and does it look normal to you? :unsure:

its been up for months now it almost always sways 0

I'm curious as to how you can have 0 nitrate. That would be more in keeping with an uncycled tank. How often and how much do you water change?

I too am concerned about your params.

3-4

gallons a week but i think it might be higher

i well its like this i use drops but it dose not have long range of colors to use as a guide and allso many times its hard for me to tell if its the color for 0 or darker for 1 or 3

what should it be at the nirite?

also i did a water change but he is still a little sluggish but he did improve

It's possible that you're getting false negative on your nitrate droptest. This particular test is very insensitive if you're not following the directions exactly. Be sure to shake VIGOROUSLY and for the full amount of time it indicates on the instructions. Try testing again and see if the results change and to also test your water source. If your tank is really uncycled then the small traces of nitrate may simply be from your source.

Which test kit are you using - out of interest? I think Nenn is right that the testers could be the problem.

How is the fish doing?

hes doing better now i have been examining him for a bit i notice he has gotten fat realy fat actualy could too much food affect him could this give the synmtoms i explained above and the testing kit i use is

freshwater master test kit it is aquarium pharmaceuticals inc.

it has a blue doctor fish as a pic on the box

another thing hes a black oranda and i have seen small black orandas at the store and their wens are big but my shadow here is like 4 times their size but his wen has not grown out all its flat whats up with that?

Picture772.jpg

Glad to hear he is doing better. From the picture he looks like a blue oranda, often lfs clerks mess this up.

With the wen, if you are feeding a good balenced diet he should be fine. Wens are often a part of genetics, meaning some fish are meant to have large ones and others not.

It may grow with time and a good diet, I wouldn't be worried about it. If he is meant to have one it will get there.