Omg Eggs!

glitterfish

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would feel better knowing they were going to Koko's members though

I know what you mean. It would be nice knowing who gets your babies.

From the looks of your pics and video, you have enough for everyone. We could all have an "Erin" goldfish.

Aren't they just the cutest? :heart I can't wait to see them set up in the new tank - but holy cow, there's so many of them :yikes

TONS! I will be working on the tank today(with tropicals still in there) and they will be moved on Sunday. ;)

I would feel better knowing they were going to Koko's members though

I know what you mean. It would be nice knowing who gets your babies.

From the looks of your pics and video, you have enough for everyone. We could all have an "Erin" goldfish.

I wish, it's just too bad that shipping is so outrageous! :o

OK, I have my sponge filter all setup and running with the HOB filter until Sunday when I remove the HOB filter. Now, this spong filter is a lot larger than I expected which may be a good thing? The bubbles coming out the top are quite powerful. Is there anyway to lessen the force or will just putting it to one side of the tank be OK?

I'd just see how they get on with the sponge filter - I got some large ones but they were for the outdoor tub so the bubbles seems minimised. If you place it to the farthest corner of the tank, they may have still waters over the other side.

I think setting it up and observing will be the answer and I hope when you observe, you'll have your camera in hand to take lots of pics :D

:) OK Jen. I will just put it off to one side. I need to use something to weigh it down as it always wants to float. :rolleyes:

Is it a good idea to use a heater as well? There is one in there for the tropicals, although with the almost 80 degree temps we have in the apt I dont even know if I need it in there!! :krazy:

Don't worry, many pics will be taken! :D

This often happens when sponge filters are new or you take it out of the tank to clean it. Keeping the sponge filter underwater squeese the air out of it. You may have to do this a couple times. After you get most of the air out of it. It will sink.

Erin, I just love the video of your fry eating!! Aren't they just a riot?!

Great work with them (and they are lots of work, huh, but soooo much fun!). Thanks for the updates. I check out this thread first whenever I pop on! :heart

How could it stop runnig? Unless you disconnected the air hose.

I meant the whole filter was running all over the tank.

You mean it kept floating Fred?

floating all over the place, my bad

Theres still air in it. Just squeeze it some more. It'll sink. Make sure you keep the sponge filter under water when you squeeze it. If you lift it out of the water you'll let air back into the sponge and it will keep floating.