Omg Eggs!

glitterfish

Awww Erin my little Speck started out tiny and oddly shaped. He was all tail and this teensy little body. Five months later he is still the smallest but almost always the first one to beeline towards the food. Donnie is very cute!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting all of this infomation and the pics. I just found this thread and have spent my morning reading it from start to finish. I was so exciting and informative. I just LOVE you pics and the babies are so darn cute. I have just had a hatching on my tank. (Totally unexpected) I didn't even realize I had eggs (BAD goldfish mommy!!!!) But I am thrilled to have rescued about 40+ of the little ones. Mine are nothing exciting just regular feeder fish so I will not get the gorgeous little ones you have.

Anyways, I just wanted to say thanks for the posting all the information here has really helped my prepare myself for the journey ahead. I must say I am really not lokking forward to the deaths.... But the cycle of life goes on. I think this will be a one time ocation for me I can not handle the stress!!!! I already bought a new tank to separate the girls and boys. Mine are 4 days old now and this is going to be one exciting ride.

Once again THANK YOU!!!

Common fry?? I love common fry and I demand to see pics when they are big enough! :D

Guest myfourgoldies
OldHag Posted Today, 11:11 AM Common fry?? I love common fry and I demand to see pics when they are big enough!

I will try I have not figured out how to take good pics yet, My camera is kinda new and i have never really taken pictures of my fish. I am really glad I have found this site everyone is so nice and there is soooooo much information.

Sorry I did not do the quote right. I better go back to the how to pages and figure all this stuff out

Well it's kind of a mean story as to how I came about his name. :rofl If anyone watches the show "Frasier", its been off for awhile but I always watch the reruns. Anyways there was a character named Donnie.. was to be Daphne's husband before the thing with Niles. He had a facial thing I always found funny and so this fish reminded me of him. :rofl Anyone know what Im talking about? :hide:

lol, would have never pegged you as a Frasier fan Erin!

Most likely, he will survive just fine with the deformed spine/head. I had a few guppies who came out similar to that, the only thing was that the females proved to be sterile, but otherwise, they seemed healthy and got on well with the others. I'm no culler either. I hope your little Donnie comes along just fine :)

Just make sure that he is getting enough to eat and isn't being bullied -- sometimes the curvy back will make it harder to swim.

I moved my biggest fry Booya to the 30 gallon tank a couple of days ago and he is doing great with the big(ger) fish! Here are some pics and a few of the other 3 left in the 10. I have one small one in a 2 1/2 until he gains a bit of size.

fry2monthsweek2.jpg

ZOOOOOOOOM!

fry2monthsweek3.jpg

fry2monthsweek4.jpg

fry2monthsweek5.jpg

fry2monthsweekk.jpg