Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

I am wanting to move my large fry out into another 10 gallon. The tank has a small HOB Penguin filter made for 10 g tanks. Will this be OK? I do not have another sponge filter. The intake slits are too small to suck up the fry but I wrapped mesh around it for extra precaution. I am hoping the current isnt too strong. I have it about an inch from being filled so maybe if I add more water the current will not be strong at all. Any suggestions, thoughts guys?

That's what I used on my fry tank only I cut a piece of filter sponge into a square to fit over the intake. Even though the fry were bigger, it was more a precautionary measure :)

And you know with all the feedings and 24/7 poop production - it's a good idea to rinse the media every few days. I remember mine would become full quickly - and everything inside the filter would turn slimy from all the waste - mmmm yummy :D

Thanks Jen! Should I just move the biggest ones for all of the "larger" ones? These are maybe one size down from the biggest one.

Well I ended up moving 5 over into the other 10. I ushered them into a cup and transferred them that way. So far, so good. :)

I ushered them into a cup and transferred them that way. So far, so good. :)

:D I like the description! Sounds like they were all in their best clothes and being lined up and led off to group counselling or something!! :rofl

:rofl That's such a good description. That's exactly what it's like - cup in one hand and the other hand behind them ready to guide them to their seat - i mean cup :D

Now we'll need to see pics of them in the new tank :D

eeek! they are so cute i wanna tickle their tubby lil bellies!!! :heart

:rofl

I will get pics soon. Almost time for weekly update. I will have to use the flash to get pics of them as there is no light. Should be fun!! :wacko:

btw, off topic, but how the weather out there? i heard that NY got pretty much the same as what we got here... maybe even worse! :blink: hope all is well over there!

better start learning how to knit! you got alot of baby fish blankies and booties to make to keep them warm! :rofl:rofl:rofl

Edited by Aleiah

:rofl

I am in the city so we didnt get much snow. Up state however, they got DUMPED on! It is cold here though. I ordered some bristlenose plecs and they cant be shipped until its above freezing for the high AND low. So I wait. :rolleyes:

My parents live in MN and they say its SO cold there so I cant complain much. :)

OK time for more pics guys! :heart Here they are at 1 month and almost 2 weeks. The last pic is of the smallest ones left in the tank. The 5 large ones were moved to another 10 yesterday. Oh and the tank in the back was half empty as I was doing a waterchange at the same time. :rolleyes:

frymonth2weeks.jpg

frymonth2weeks1.jpg

frymonth2weeks2.jpg

This pic really sucks but I thought it was cute to see how small he is in front of daddy in the background. :heart

frymonth2weeks3.jpg

frymonth2weeks4.jpg

frymonth2weeks5.jpg

Lil' ones still in other tank. What a size difference from the others! :o

That's a big size difference alright :o So it's definitely 1 set of parents/fry? :rolleyes: Your bigger ones are coming along so nicely - aren't they looking like real mini goldies now?

Maybe the 'little' group are just late bloomers :D

Thanks Jen! Yes the large 5 appear very healthy and lively. A few of the smaller ones arent doing so good. I think Im down to about 15 total! Maybe now some of the smaller ones will grow without the bigger pigs in there. :rolleyes:

I didnt see the spawning so Im not 100% certain but Im pretty sure that Rudolph(pom) is the dad as he was the only one with breeding stars and also the only one still chasing when I got up. He was chasing Radish(orange/white tele). Her rear was also really pink. But it's between her and my black moor. So for sure tele either way. :)

Yes that's an enormous size difference! Love the 5th pic, cute little one! :heart

Very exciting to see if they develop poms or teles or both :unsure: !! :D

size is totally different. I wonder why does it happen. Apart from that big ones become goldfish now. Congrats Erin!!!

:) OMG, those big babies are adorable. They look so cute. I hope the tiny ones grow better now that the bigs one are out of the tank and start to look like their beautiful siblings. But they are all so cute, Congrats!

wow, bug size difference. The big ones are starting to look like goldfish :D

Thanks everyone!

The larger ones have graduated to crushed Pro-Gold and frozen brine shrimp. The only crappy thing is now I have 2 fry tanks to siphon! :krazy:

Now those are awesome pics Erin :D They're growing up so quickly - and they look so wonderful and healthy :heart

Oh, that one on the 3rd-4th pic.... adorable looking little fish! They are so cute in that size, looking like perfect fish, but miniature!!! :D:heart

:hmm Hmmm...That Big fry looks just like Hannibal! :rofl The pics turned out really well,and I can't wait to see what colors and features they take. :heart

:) That biggest fry has the fattest belly ever! Explains why he is so big! :heart

OMG they are H U G E! How cute they are, I can't wait to see who turns what color and who takes after whom! Since my fry were rescued shortly after they were born I'm still not too sure who the parents are yet.

Edited by Katalyst