Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

:D Erin,I love that first pic! :heart You can allready see how cute they're going to be! :exactly

:D Thanks Sharon! I love that I can see the little faces appearing now. Im such a proud Gma! :heart

Guest Elizabeth Anne

OH MY GOODNESS!! :heart:heart

I found this thread just now (well, about an hour ago, acutally... I had to read through the whole thing first).

This is /SO/ amazing! I wish I lived closer to NY!

They are so adorable! I can't believe they've grown so much already!

I'm definately going to stick around and watch how they grow up.

They're really looking wonderful Erin - and they've grown so much :heart I also love that first pic - the face on your little guy (top right) is just so cute :D

Thanks Elizabeth Anne, Fred, Jen and Anette! :heart

I was snapping some photos and got some good one of the big fry I've lovingly been calling Tubbs. :):heart

largefrymonthweekold.jpg

Can you see me?

largefrymonthweekold1.jpg

largefrymonthweekold2.jpg

largefrymonthweekold3.jpg

largefrymonthweekold4.jpg

Look at my big tummy!! :heart

Do you think that I should seperate him into a 10 gallon alone or would that stress him out too much?

Ooh cute! Ain't it fun how the names just comes to you!? :heart

:D Yes its quite funny. Hes the only one with a name as he's the only one I can tell from the rest!

Oh Erin they look so good!! It's jsut so amazing how they grow at such different rates!! When I was down to just 2 fry, one was about 3Xs the size of the other. We called them Squirt and Bubba. :D Unfortunately, Squirt didn't make it. :cry1 His mouth and gills were slightly deformed. Once he died, Bubba looked so small compared to my other fish that Bubba didn't seem appropriate anymore so now we call him/her Sunny since he's the color of the sunshine. :D

Anyway, sorry for blabbing. Thanks for the update!! :heart

Thanks Jon and FTF! :heart

Ive lost 6 fry today. :cry1 I think I have maybe 4 really strong ones. One of the larger ones looks like he may have deformed gills. They look really pink like maybe the gill flaps are folded out? I had the heater off for nearly a week but plugged it back in tonight as it's pretty cold tonight.

Any advice on moving the big ones?

Thanks Nick! Do you think I should move the big ones or wait?

I'm sorry you lost some fry. Maybe you should separate them if you want to keep as many as possible.

My first fry, Maxi, had deformed gills and some other defects, I always thought that was because I was an unexperienced breeder.

He died 1 year old of dropsy...

Erin, I am sorry to hear your lost.

Anyway, they are getting bigger and look like actual fish now. congrats buddy...

How big are the big ones and how big are the small ones?

Different sized babies can be kept together but they should be of the same shape. Meaning babies that have the little baby shape are fine together and babies that have grown to look like little goldfish are fine together. But little babies that haven't grown to look like little goldfish yet should be separated from babies that have grown to look like little gold fish. Then when the little babies grow to look like little gold fish they can be put with the bigger babies.

Thanks guys. :heart

The biggest ones look like goldfish and the smaller ones look like tadpoles. The only thing is on the other 10 that I use for QT there is no light. Will that matter?

I don't have a light on any of my tanks. The only light my tanks get is through the window and the room light. If I want more light when looking at the fish I have a small lamp that I hold up to the tank and a flash light.

I'm sorry you lost a few. Is it possible that the gill flaps are hust transparrent? Transparrent gills are pretty common.

Thanks Nick!

FP, could be I suppose but Im not sure?

Congratulations on your new additions! I found eggs today too- but mine are in an outdoor Koi pond. After reading the advise given to you I see mine are milky also. Does anyone here have advise in that regard? should I take them out & try this rubbermaid thing? I would hate for them to be eaten. They are are inside string algae

If the eggs are in with big fish I would move them out ASAP and VERY carefully!

If you don't want them to get eaten you should take them out of the pond.