Omg Eggs!

glitterfish

I had the same experience with my last year fry, the tiniest died. I had 6 left, still in different sizes, when the big guys got out to the pond and I could use their tank too. I separated them 3 and 3 and the smaller ones exploded in size! I couldn't believe it! I have pics in the thread before and after of my tiniest fry "Little"!

So that is a good idea, if you have opportunity, to later on separate the fry.

Good Luck!

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You take good care of your fish so I beleive that the reason that your babies are dieing is the food. I've experamented with feeding babies a lot of different kinds of food. When feeding babies dry foods, micro worms and micro eels only a few babies survived. When feeding the babies newly hatched brine shrimp the survival rate was better than 90%.

I mailed you some brine shrimp eggs.

:heart I know it must be hard to loose the weaker, smaller fry, but I think its natures way! Could you imagine what you would go through if you didn't loose any! :krazy: 50+ goldfish to find tank space for!!!!!!!

I love that there's one mighty big boy amongst the smaller guys :rofl These guys are really starting to sprout up now which is awesome :D How much do they vary in size though? Is that a couple of big fellas I see? Or is it the one big one?

Oh my God, it is a fish!!! :D

I remember those days when you realized that these little critters really are going to be real fish!

Yes, it might happen, that the big guys eat smaller ones, I've had that experience. As I said before, separation is a good idea, if you want to keep as many as possible! :)

Thanks you both!

I don't really have the room to seperate them unless I put the large ones in the 40. I guess for now Ill let nature take its course. I dont have a lot of room for maximum babies anyways! :krazy:

Erin, your fry are really turning into handsome little fish! It's so nice to continue watching them grow and develop. And what a wonderful learning tool for all those who might want to breed in the future! I wish i lived closer, and i could buy one of these fry that i've watched grow up. How special would that be?!