Sign in to follow this  
glitterfish

Omg Eggs!

I had the same experience with my last year fry, the tiniest died. I had 6 left, still in different sizes, when the big guys got out to the pond and I could use their tank too. I separated them 3 and 3 and the smaller ones exploded in size! I couldn't believe it! I have pics in the thread before and after of my tiniest fry "Little"!

So that is a good idea, if you have opportunity, to later on separate the fry.

Good Luck!

You take good care of your fish so I beleive that the reason that your babies are dieing is the food. I've experamented with feeding babies a lot of different kinds of food. When feeding babies dry foods, micro worms and micro eels only a few babies survived. When feeding the babies newly hatched brine shrimp the survival rate was better than 90%.

I mailed you some brine shrimp eggs.

Thanks you guys. :heart

Nick, thanks for sending the eggs. I will attempt to hatch some!

:heart I know it must be hard to loose the weaker, smaller fry, but I think its natures way! Could you imagine what you would go through if you didn't loose any! :krazy: 50+ goldfish to find tank space for!!!!!!!

Here are the fry at a month old. Check out those big piggies! :heart

montholdfry.jpg

montholdfry2.jpg

montholdfry3.jpg

montholdfry4.jpg

I love that there's one mighty big boy amongst the smaller guys :rofl These guys are really starting to sprout up now which is awesome :D How much do they vary in size though? Is that a couple of big fellas I see? Or is it the one big one?

:D Thee guys are just the cutest! My favorite part is when they start losing their thir "baby colors" I find it quite facinating to watch them each become their own. :exactly

woohoo!!! this is so awesome!!! :exactly

how many not-so-lil-anymore guys are there?

:) I have 3 big boys, a few more medium ones and a lot of smaller ones. Will the bigger ones eat the smaller ones eventually?

Oh my God, it is a fish!!! :D

I remember those days when you realized that these little critters really are going to be real fish!

Yes, it might happen, that the big guys eat smaller ones, I've had that experience. As I said before, separation is a good idea, if you want to keep as many as possible! :)

Thanks you both!

I don't really have the room to seperate them unless I put the large ones in the 40. I guess for now Ill let nature take its course. I dont have a lot of room for maximum babies anyways! :krazy:

Wow Erin, they have really changed! They are so cute.

Yippeee, new pics! :heart

I had only one big guy in my batch of about 20 or so fry. He's the lone survivor now but he's already over a year old!!

Thanks for the pics. They are just so adorable! :exactly

Thanks Fantail! :D Hopefully a few more than those large 3 live but Id be happy with one healthy fry in the end. :)

I love this thread. I think its probably my favourite one on Koko's period!

How many would you like to keep Erin once they are grown up?!

Thanks yazooo! I'd like to keep 5 or 6 of the fry. :)

Even though I'm new, while I'm waiting on Daryl's ryukins to mature, I could adopt some! It makes no sense for me to be living in this new house with four empty fish-tanks, does it? n.n;

Time for more pics!! The large one in the front of them all if my biggest fry. He didnt come out too clear for some reason but you can see the size difference compared to the others. :heart

monthhalfweekoldfry.jpg

monthhalfweekoldfry1.jpg

monthhalfweekoldfry2.jpg

monthhalfweekoldfry3.jpg

Omg he's a little monster in comparison to the rest of them! :heart Very cute Erin! You are doing a great job taking care of them. So how about some Bambu fry? :rofl Should I call dibs now? :teehee

Edited by Katalyst

Erin, your fry are really turning into handsome little fish! It's so nice to continue watching them grow and develop. And what a wonderful learning tool for all those who might want to breed in the future! I wish i lived closer, and i could buy one of these fry that i've watched grow up. How special would that be?!

Thanks you two! :D Bambu fry huh? LOL! I dont know about that. Hes so small!

Dana, that would be cool if you could have a fry! I wish all of you could have one! :)