Omg Eggs!

glitterfish

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Fantail!! :heart

Nick, it is a 40 long now as it will fit better under the 75. Would you still add all the water from the 10?

Oh by the way, I purchased some Hikari frozen brine shrimp today. The shrimp are a bit large but you should have seen these fry tearing into it!! :heart

Edited by glitterfish

Wow, they get a whole 40? I'd use all the water in the 10 gallon then which will only make up 25% of the water (unless you're going to keep the level low?)... it'll make their transition into the bigger tank that much easier :D And this way you can slowly add new water in - bit by bit :D

Yep, I'd still use all the water form the 10 gallon. When setting up a new tank I like to use 50% old aquaruim water and 50% new water and a cycled filter. Since 10 gallons is less than 50% I'd use it all.

:D Lookin good erin. My thoughts are to keep it bare bottom as long as you can because so much of theirsurvival depends on pristene water,and you see how dirty the bottom of their tanks get as we speak. :rolleyes::D

Have you lost many through it all so far?

Thanks Sharon! Darn, I was looking forward to decorating with gravel!! I guess I can add it when theyre large enough for me to use the regular gravel vac. Oh, and I just cleaned their tank a couple hours ago!! Poop machines!

Ive only lost 6-8 since I put them in the 10 gallon. I still have a TON as you can see!!

:rolleyes: It always goes that way,doesn't it? :rofl It's like these green swordtails that I have. Someone sent me 3 and now I have 39! Somehow babies are living in the tank with all the big fish and surviving.If I had room and wanted all those babies--then it would be another story. :rofl

Haven't they grown? :D Why don't you keep them in the 10 gallon until they're a little bigger? There's so much room in there while they're this tiny and then they won't go through any large shocks... Then when they get to a cm big, maybe move them then? Just a thought... :D

How old are they now? 3 weeks?

How much are you feeding them?

In about 2 more weeks, they should be a fairly decent size if the temps are around the 24 mark with 6 good feedings a day... yes indeedy, they should start to sprout up quickly now :D

Thanks Kat and Rachael!! :D

Haven't they grown? :D Why don't you keep them in the 10 gallon until they're a little bigger? There's so much room in there while they're this tiny and then they won't go through any large shocks... Then when they get to a cm big, maybe move them then? Just a thought... :D

How old are they now? 3 weeks?

How much are you feeding them?

In about 2 more weeks, they should be a fairly decent size if the temps are around the 24 mark with 6 good feedings a day... yes indeedy, they should start to sprout up quickly now :D

Ok, I can leave them in there awhile yet. I wont even have the tank till Saturday and Id prefer to let that run for awhile without the fish.

They are 3 1/2 weeks now and I am feeding them 8 times a day. They have been eating first bites, spirulina pellets and frozen brine shrimp.

BTW, whats 24 in Fahrenheit? :rofl I keep it at 78 degrees. :)

Hey Erin, it's Erin...

*whew* I just finished reading the entire thread and I have to say that I am super impressed with all that you have done and by how much your fry have grown! Conrats grandma!

I just wished I lived closer so I could kidnap a pair. They are going to be beauties I can tell by looking at the parents.

I would like that information Nick. Theyre still a bit small but I should be able to tell single tailed from double tailed. How old should they be for shipping?

PM me your address and I'll send you the shipping info.

I'm not sure how old they should be for shipping. I would think they would be hardy enough to ship at one inch. Mine were one inch at three weeks.