Goldfish Anonymous

daust

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's o.k., Having peas is one of the hallmarks of goldfish addiction. has anyone noticed what a dilemma this is? Denying the peas are for goldfish is a sign that you are in the grips of a serious addiction. Admitting that you keep peas for gold fish is a sign of health returning. You are admitting you have a problem... mental health returning is a sign of "cure"..........hmmmmm....was that what we wanted?

My head hurtz. There are no peas in my house! none! what's a pea anyway? never heard of them...

ohhkaaaaaaaaayyy..........Yes, Peas are the real problem! Not the fish, heavens no. Never the fish! We keep too many bags of peas! Fish? what fish? Oh, well yes I do need help! i have too many peas! I just keep the fish to have something to feed the peas to! I'd be over-run with peas if I didn't have the fish! Surely you can see that??(incoherent blathering follows)

My name is Rachel..It's been twelve days since my last bag of peas. (=smirks= and sits down next to other pea-addicted patient with a goldfish tattoo.)

Now that we have all that settled: :newfish:newfish I got two new fish! Hooray I am finally getting rid of my pea problem! More fish = fewer peas!!!

Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better..Every day, in every way: I'm getting better and better............. :rolleyes:

Edited by dickey's_assistant

• Supporter

Glad to know I am not the only one with a goldfish only sticker on my peas!

What is worse is when you are at the store with your significant other and you stop to buy peas and he makes fun of you for voraciously checking the packages to make sure there is no salt or additives (while you will buy any old peas for your family to eat).

Or when you are dumping peas into the disposal because they are "not good enough for the fish" (you know when they get all shrively...) and your family look sat you like you are nits.

Guest Angel

I too, am an addict. I always want to take home every goldfish I see. I also talk to my guys like they are human and can hear what I say. My roommate probably thinks I'm nuts. He has goldfish as well, and I talk to his fish too. :krazy:

I sent my husband to get some peas once for my fish. Don't send a non-goldfish person to get peas! Even though I told him no salt and no additives, he proudly came home with what he thought was the perfect bag of peas. They had added butter on them. Sheesh! Can't even get the peas right!!! But at least he's really cute. I guess I'll have to keep him for that reason. Otherwise, after that pea faux-pas, he'd would have had to go!!! :rofl

I sent my husband to get some peas once for my fish. Don't send a non-goldfish person to get peas! Even though I told him no salt and no additives, he proudly came home with what he thought was the perfect bag of peas. They had added butter on them. Sheesh! Can't even get the peas right!!! But at least he's really cute. I guess I'll have to keep him for that reason. Otherwise, after that pea faux-pas, he'd would have had to go!!! :rofl

Sounds disturbingly familiar...But I'll have to keep him around as well...Cause who'll drive my butt home from bonfires at your house otherwise? :rofl

• 6 months later...

Ah! I am guilty as charged! Anymore goldfish and locals here would suspect me of rebelling against the Petcore/vvvv invasion! Which is an act punishable by death! Those corporations are the law now. LOL With all joking aside and as I shame fully admit to this...... Ready? Ok. *Ahem!* All my fish actually came from there. LOL Even if not the truth, I would like to believe I did a find job of picking out really good ones though. Even though I knew nothing of finnage, I focused more on the hump. Just because I heard of how rare it was for a calico to have a good hump and blah blah blah. WHatever. I am hooked and going off the topic. WOOOOOOOO! I love goldfish!

Sorry if this thread is too old, I just wanted to show it to Faust.

But it can never get completely out of date,can it, since we all are fish addicts... ?!?!

Thanks OH, I just read the WHOLE thing as I wasn't a member of KoKo's when it originally "aired", LOL..... Funny stuff, especially about the excuses people will come up with to get more fish.

I thought I was over the "addiction" when I sold all of my tanks in the fish room to adopt a puppy. I kept an empty three gallon betta tank and a 5 gallon "just in case" tank, and of course there was the 12 gallon eclipse tank humming along in the family room with a few surviving tetras in it. AND the pond outside with the commons/comets in 2000 gallons of water... LOL The pond is outside, so I didn't include it as part of the "addiction".... It's just part of the GARDEN..... LOL.

Beam forward four years and I've got SEVEN tanks up and running, plus the pond, plans for a breeding pond this year and plans for at least four more tanks in the fish room. I'm trying to figure out how I could get a 125 down the steps to the basement fish room without crippling or killing my husband, and am experimenting with mixtures of yeast and sugar to see if I can produce CO2 to get my aquarium plants to grow better......

Dust off a chair, hand me a cookie...... I've fallen off the wagon. LOL.

This thread can't die! there are so many of us out here who still need those therapy sessions in the Rubber Ramada.

I would like to welcome all new members to join in the insanity. :bounce

We have the holiday spirit in here. The men in the white coats are handing out meds and eggnogg, and Mads is playing Christmas Carols with her toes on the violin...(they won't take her out of the jacket). So, pull up a chair, or go gibber incoherently in one of the many corners- THis Room Is For You. We even have hockey masks for those of you who can't get enough of that yummy tinsel..... :krazy:

Hey, Isn't that Elvis?!?! :hi

Who will be the first to confess what they did for fish?...........

But it can never get completely out of date,can it, since we all are fish addicts... ?!?!

Fish addicts?? Anette, not me! I only keep fish all those years, because I am too lazy for a dog. Fish don't need to be walked 3 times a day, they don't need cute sweaters for christmas, and they don't need a daily litter box change. :rofl2

What did I do for fish? Well, I promised my hubby "no more fish" if I could get a bigger tank where all the other fish in the other tanks could be combined, and we wouldn't have that many tanks standing around. That was years ago, and I got a 160 gl tank to "supposedly" house all my fish in one tank. Needless to say, all the smaller tanks are still there, and FILLED UP! Promises, promises. But I am a good girl - he can keep his coin collection... :tomuch:

Now, why am I having no problems at all imaging Mads playing the violin with her toes?

Oh, thats nothing, Lumpy - I once got rid of an entire bedroom dresser for a tank. I still wonder where the socks and underwear went after that... :unsure::D

Yes, you belong here! You are sleeping in your fish room!! :rofl We have monogrammed a strait jacket for you. It's lovely, Trinket did the sequins on one of those rare occasions when she wasn't tending fry in her quest for goldfish world domination.

You could pick up some bad habits in here...

Pass the peas please. :bounce

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Halloween

I've become a grand master at smuggling new fish in the house. See, I just stick the bag o' gold inside my purse and waltz on inside like nothing. I've become so good I am able to walk around like normal yet walk gentle enough so's not to dish out any concussions to the poor fish sloshing around inside my purse. Then I pop them in a 10 gallon bucket (which fit so perfectly under the tables in wich several of my tanks sit) so no one ever knows what happened! Then when mom asks "Hey, where'd THAT one come from?" I can answer; "The store of course, like all the others..." Then; "How long has it been here?" "Quite some time actually. He's been here a while, he ain't new or anything." Joke's on her. Huh!