Getting My New Tank Tomorrow (hopefully!)

Thanks Guys! I am very pleased with it too, I hope to be able to spend some more time on it today.

You are lucky to have such generous relatives! Hhhmmm, wonder if they'd like to long distance adopt someone across the pond??? :blink:

I'll ask for you Jeana! ;):D

Yes, they have been very generous, I was almost embarrassed to accept, but they were sooo insistent I don't think I could have turned them down politely! I'm still stunned now as I've been saving for quite a long time for a new tank. I said I'd name a fish after my sister-in-law - she liked that idea! :D

Wow! That's a very sleek set up. I've never seen that kind of hood- it looks really neat! And the stand is great. You can set up an external filter under there or use it for fish food and cleaning stuff. Beautiful!! :D

OK, got a few better pictures now.

Unfortunately, the tank has to go in the hallway which is quite small for now (not ideal I know) so I can only get a full shot of the tank and stand together for you from one angle :rolleyes:

You get an idea though. I'm going to fit one of the filters this afternoon :)

Picture012-4.jpg

Picture016-3.jpg

Picture011-3.jpg

Thanks Imogen!

I've never seen that kind of hood- it looks really neat! And the stand is great.

It's a rena aqualife 100 tank , I really like the construction of these tanks - they seem really well made and are nice and solid looking. Here's the link, it's the 100 x 40 model - the smallest one in that range!

http://www.rena.net/en_gb/products/aquariu...alife_birch.asp

Yeah, I really like the hood too, I think it's an aluminium frame at the top of the glass and then the lid is a single lightweight reflective sheet that fits over the lighting bar. Here's a pick

Picture-1.jpg

I'm off to fit the filter now :)

Thankyou guys! :heart

I may need some help with the decor at some point as I'm not exactly creative. I'll have a think about it and get back to you :D

the green tint is awesome.

Yeah, it does look nice doesn't it. I think it's just a combination of the tank light, hallway light and camera flash doing that, also the wallpaper behind and to the sides is a light green colour :)

Thankyou for your kind comments guys :)

I love the light wood color.

Yeah, the "Birch" colour is growing on me now too - I would have prefered the "Beech" effect colour but unfortunately they don't do it in this tank size, only the bigger ones.

just be careful when you choose your decor. I ended up throw away a lot of decor for different issue. :twocents

I agree Fred, I usually like to decorate quite sparsely anyway. I want to allow plenty of swimming room (especially as it isn't an enormous tank). It won't be anything spectacular - probably just a nice backing paper, barebottom-ish witha few river stones and some fake plants. I'm still thinking aout it.

Edited by mrbumblebee

Thanks!

I'm not much further on with the decor. I've fitted the filters and air pump and I've put a nice blue backing paper on. I'm not usually keen on backing papers but it I think it looks quite nice and best of all it hides some of the tubing/wires at the back of course! Probably will go with barebottom-ish tank (some river stones as usual), and fake plants. I've decided against trying live plants again with my goldies - just for now anyway. When I get better at live plants with my Betta and WCMM tanks I may try again. Last time with the goldies it was a disaster! :rolleyes: I'll post some more tank pictures when it's finally done, I'm still looking around the site for ideas at the moment! ;)

OK, I've transfered a cycle to the new tank and moved the Pearlies in. I'm monitoring closely and things seem to be OK at present, but I'll be keeping a close eye on the water quality for the next few weeks anyway. Womble and Robin seem to be loving all the extra space and best of all I can actually see them properly now! Decor wise, things are still a bit sparse. I've got the blue backing paper on (which I LOVE!) and some river stones and a few of the old fake plants. I'm still thinking about it and I'm going to get some new stuff this weekend (no full tank shots till it's done! ;):P ) I've got some nice pics of the fish already though so I might post them later.

Edited by mrbumblebee

Great to hear that everythings coming along well. And lovely that Robin and Womble have moved home officially at last. They must be so happy in all that space :heart I like the sound of barebottom and blue backing paper. I have a blue back to my 55, as you say it hides some of that wiring. I have java moss and mine is attached to wood. The moss tends to spread and grow on ornaments. The fern I don't think does that. Several aquatic plants would work very well with the overhead lighting you have there if you decide to go planted.

Very exciting. Looking forward to pics when you're all ready :D

Thanks Imogen :heart

I must admit I have been stressing a bit over the last few dyas about the decor! :rolleyes:

I want it to look nice, but I'm just not very good at it, it's the weakest point in my fishkeeping. I'm great at the "technical" stuff, but not at making the tank look as beautiful of some of the other ones on the site. I really envy people who have that creative/artistic flare!

As the tank was a gift I feel under a bit of pressure to make it look spectacular, although what I really want is something simple and practical yet attractive to look at. I've made a good start though, the blue backing reflects beautifully onto the tank bottom amonst the river stones.

I'd just love to go with live plants in this tank, but I just don't trust the pearlies not to destroy them and make a mess (like last time!)

I have Java Fern and Moss in my WCMM tank and I really love them and think they'd look great in the new tank, but I'm not going there for now - maybe in the future! We're going on the hunt for some nice new fake plants at the weekend.

Edited by mrbumblebee