Getting My New Tank Tomorrow (hopefully!)

I just can't believe it...my brother and sister-in-law who are staying with us over the new year holiday have just given me the greatest present - they're going to buy my new tank tomorrow!

They know I've been saving for a while for it and they want to get it for me as a christmas/new year/thankyou gift. I was totally overwhelmed - what a complete surprise! It's just so exciting! :D

They want me to use the money I've saved so far to buy the extra filter I will need and for kitting out the new tank. We're going to the my LFS tomorrow to hopefully pick it up then. I won't be able to set it up for a few days yet as we have no space while they're staying here, but hopefully by the end of next week it will be up and running!

Womble and Robin will have their new home very soon after all! :happydance

:) Funny how things have a way of working out sometimes mr.b,isn't it?

You are right there Devs - the timing could not have been better.

My sister-in-law was only just looking at my fish this afternoon, she fell in love with Buzz first of all and then when she saw the pearlies she was fascinated by their shapes. Lttle did I know they were planning to get my new tank all along!

She has been very good to me lately, so I really am very grateful :)

Well, we all went to my LFS this morning to pick up my new tank, unfortunately they didn't have the colour stand I wanted in stock at that store, so the whole lot is being brought over from another one and will be delivered to my house on Tuesday!

It gets even better...my brother and sister-in-law surprised me again by getting me the 2nd filter and airpump as well without me knowing! I'm so grateful to them, it's all so exciting. The whole house has been talking goldfish all weekend now - and I'm the only one who really likes them! :D

I can't wait now! :happydance

Edited by mrbumblebee

:) Oh My, how many more surprises could you take! Talk about wonderful, you must be soooooooo excited!

What wonderful gifts they gave you, they must see that you really love your goldfish. :heart

Have fun with the delivery and setting it up! And remember lots of pics please!

Congratulations bumble! Real friends have to be the ones who know what you really want :D . Sounds like your brother and sister-in-law did. That is so exciting! :panana

The whole house has been talking goldfish all weekend now - and I'm the only one who really likes them! :D

I can't wait now! :happydance

Sounds like there's more than one person there that likes goldfish. And yours are so cute, it's no surprise.

What a great present - and a great way to start the New Year!

Thanks guys! Pic to follow

what size are you getting??

It works out at around 48 US gallons I think. As I'm lodging at the moment it really is the biggest tank I can set up due to limited space. I also wanted a nice quality one. I already have a 30, a 20 gallon quarantine (with the two pearlies that will be going into the 48), a 10 gallon Betta tank and a 10 gallon WCMM tank set up. Quite enough for me for now I think anyway! :D I already feel like I'm taking over the place, so I'll have to wait until I'm finally back in my own flat again before I set up anything bigger. Still, 48 gallons will be the biggest tank I've ever had, although it's quite small by Koko standards! I can only dream of 75's, 90's and 100's - one day though! :exactly

Edited by mrbumblebee

YAY! The count down is on!!!! I bet you are so excited! Do you have the space all cleared where the tank is going? :exactly

Its so much fun setting up a new tank! I just love all the preparing and then filling it with water! And lastly being able to put the fish in it!

Can't wait to see the pics! :heart

Do you have the space all cleared where the tank is going?

Yeah, we had to clear some space this afternoon - we even had to take one of the Christmas tree's down a bit earlier than usual in order to create some space for it (not to worry, there are still another two in the house! :rolleyes: )Unfortunately, this tank will have to go in the hallway for now, but I think it will look nice there :)

Edited by mrbumblebee

Thanks Erin!

Well, the tank came today! :happydance

I've had such a busy day, I haven't had as much time as I wanted to sort things out, although we still got quite a lot done this evening I think. We put the stand together, cleaned out the tank, and got it all lined up where it has to go and tested for leaks etc. Hopefully, I can set the filters up tomorrow and let them run through for a few days before I start/transfer a cycle but I'm not in too much of a hurry to transfer the pearlies yet so I'll take my time. I want to think through the decor a bit more - let's just say I'm not exactly creative :rolleyes: but I do want it to look nice. I don't usually like backing papers, but I'm condering it with this one.

I'll try to post some pictures of the tank and stand tomorrow :)

Edited by mrbumblebee

Wow! Congrats! That tank looks great! Can't wait to see your goldies in it!

You are lucky to have such generous relatives! Hhhmmm, wonder if they'd like to long distance adopt someone across the pond??? :blink: