I Have A Calico Telescope

JessicaandMarshall

I went to my usual petstore today, you know, just to get some fish food ;) Well I happened to look into the goldfish tank. I had seen most of the fish before, because they get the new fish on Fridays, and I was there on Friday as they were unpacking the fish.

Well there was one I had not seen last Friday!! A little itty bitty teeny tiny calico telescope eye. LOL!! Remember I just told you all not too long ago, that I had never seen a telescope eye around here, except black moors.....I told the girl that, and she said this one came by accident. So of course I had to buy it. It's only about 1/2" or so!

The owner of the store was also there (just leaving when I came in) she asked me about my loaches, and I told her what happened. She is ordering me two more, because my last two died so fast. So I guess I will have 4 loaches because of the two hubby bought me in the other town. Oh well, the more the merrier.

Oh and in other news, I saw a 55 gal tank, with hood/lights, stand, filter, bubble toys, air pump, plants and some other stuff for....get this....289$ Canadian!! It has my name written on it heeheehee.

I'll have to start saving my pennies :P

Jessica

i think iam lucky

Down here in arlington texas(beside DFW) my local vvvv

has almost all species of goldfish (oranda,bubbleeye, telescope, common,koi,

ryukin,calcio in oranda and rykin,commet,fantails,shubunkins,moors,black moors,

ranchu,lionheads,celestial,pearlscale,oranda pearlscale,and pom-poms.

And there all in diffrent colors there so pretty you can spend hours just looking at them and there all healthy they take excellent care with them unlike some petstores i know. and they keep them in clean big tanks!!!

really good quality goldfish that you trust that are healthy!!!

Guest pearlscaleman

My local petstore has all that too, but then not all at the same time. Sometimes, they have them in stock and sometimes they dunt. Their pearlscales take so long to ship from Florida though and i can't stand the suspense.

lol, to bad my mmm isnt the same they have goldfish but limited supply

and there not in the best condition. so i aviod mmm for the fear a unhealthy goldfish.

OOHHHHH i want to live in florida florida is so buetiful!!! i went there durring the summer i loved it!!!!

CONGRATS cant wait to see pics. I am fond of telescopes. my lfs usually has about every fish here.. the ones I dont see alot are panda fish but they will special order for u anytime

Hi Jessica,

How neat!! And such a tiny little thing. Make sure that he/she gets enough food. I have a telescope and they don't see very well--their eyes point out sideways and the can't see right in front of them.

It is comical to watch my two eat--the Star, fantail is fast and a real pig--Pearl, the telescope gets a paniced look on her face and misses the pellets as they are sinking. But she can find them on the bottom by the smell (I am guessing here). She is very fat and doesn't look like she is missing any meals!!

And $289 is a very good price for a 55 with all that comes with it! Go for it! :hi

Thanks everyone, I will try to get some pictures of her, she moves fast heehee. Her name is Jack in the Box courtesy of my 4 year old daughter heehee.

Wynkin, she scavenges the bottom, and finds pellets there, but at the afternoon or evening feeding, she will go into a bucket to eat, so I can know exactly how much food she is eating.

I did that with Little Blackie (Black Moor) when he was really small, he's a fat pig now. I still have to put the Big Blackie into a bucket to eat every other day, he can't see very well. Thank you for thinking of her, and reminding me to make sure she gets enough to eat.

You all sound very lucky to live near stores that stock all those neat fish. My lps can usually order me a certain fish, but I've never asked for anything really *weird* like a pearlscale or a panda. Not that those are weird, they are just weird for this area, as in, uncommon! :D

Jessica

Ok, I've uploaded pictures, I am just about to put them on the picture forum :D This fish is so little LOL. She cannot even eat the Hikari mini pellet, she has to eat flake food crushed and the Hikari baby pellet LOL how cute is that?!!

Jessica

isnt that funny that what our fish get to eat is not their choice, but us choosing for them? my flakes get all gobbled so I see no mess. also you can buy a huge can of flakes. ive used pellets before and it was hard for the fish to swallow also I got a bunch of smaller fish. I may use pellets more often when the smallest fish is like 4"

Lovely goldfish you can get these wonderful small pellets, they are like the size of a coffee ground! Sooo tiny. And then you can get those big honkin pellets like at the zoo LOL

I feed flakes too, but not everyday, just once inawhile. I guess my fish are just extra messy :P

Jessica

Archived