Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Can Someone With An Aquaclear 500 Help Me

I need to know the length of the filter, so I will know if it will fit in the opening in my silly hood! So if someone with an AC 500 would kindly take a moment and measure the length for me, I would be ever so grateful!

Thanks a million :D

Jessica

Hiya Jessica the measurments are..... 13 1/2inches long and you'll need a 4 inch clearance between the tank and wall.......

Linda

Thank you!

I don't even think that will fit with the hood I have. Rapunzelle has the same tank and was once thinking of an AC 500....I hope she sees this!

That really stinks, I really wanted an AC 500 :(

Thanks again for the measurements, I appreciate it.

Jessica

Can't you pop out anymore plastic so the AC will fit? I had to do that when I got a AC300 for my 20gal. It will be a bummer if you can't get it. Good luck I hope you can find a way to get it to work out.......

Linda

Lovely goldfish they DO NOT overflow if you clean them. I have never had one overflow. Can you please and thank you not make blanket statements like that. There could be newbies lurking here that would believe that, and it's simply not true.

Likeagoldfish, I measured my hood, I don't think I can pop more plastic out, In order to make room for 13.5" I would have to cut right to the corner, I'm not sure if that would work.

I'll have to post pictures and get opinions heehee.

Thanks a million

Jessica

I meant no offense, Jessica but ive had my whisper filters overflow many times. Good thing those overflow towards the tank and not backwards and on the floor. I do clean my filters but over time the cartrages lose their porability and begin to overflow again in like 2 weeks. also some newbies may not clean their filter on time and come to find a huge mess

Lovely Goldfish I am sorry for being cross with you! My daughter is sick today, and I've been up since 3am, I had, oh 2 hours sleep, so I apologize for being grumpy.

I shall be nice from now on :lol

Jessica

Guest DireSoul
I meant no offense, Jessica but ive had my whisper filters overflow many times. Good thing those overflow towards the tank and not backwards and on the floor. I do clean my filters but over time the cartrages lose their porability and begin to overflow again in like 2 weeks. also some newbies may not clean their filter on time and come to find a huge mess

Perhaps your filter wasn't adjusted right. Under the changer there's suppose to be a little plastic thingy... it tilts the filter forwards and backwards... If yours wasn't adjusted then the filter could have been tilted away from the tank rather than towards. I'm currently running 4 ac500's, 2 ac300's, & 4 ac mini's and have never had a problem with them leaking out the back.

that might have been it. see what a fact can do? have your aquaclears ever overflowed at all, period? or assuming they do, is the angle of the filter enough that the water level is low enough at the back that itll overflow from the front and into the tank

I had to go with the AC 300, there is no way I can make the 500 fit on this hood, I think a crack head designed my hood, seriously I think my 10 gal has more room in the hood that this bad boy :rofl It's kind of funny actually. I love my tank so I'm not really complaining, :P

DireSoul, what do you do with all those cichlid fry?

Jessica

Edited by JessicaandMarshall