Meet Robin! - Sneak Preview!

mrbumblebee

Thankyou for your nice comments guys! :heart

I like the front view, they have such a comical shape.

I know, I absolutley love the pearlscale shape. It just makes me smile everytime I see them! :D No doubt these two are not exactly the best examples in the world, but they do have some nice features so I am very pleased with them and most importantly - I love them! :wub:

Are they both crown pearlscales? I have been dying for a good crown pearlscale.

I think Robin is a crown peralscale because he does have some nice wen growth going on. Womble is just an ordinary pearlie with an extraodinarily big appetite! :rolleyes:

Edited by mrbumblebee

Robin looks like a crown tiku to me- the shorttailed pearls- and Womble has a longer shape and tail no?

They are both special. I would love a calico pearl. My next buy :) Bumble- I looked at the diagonal line of missing scales and have a hunch that Robin was sucked into a filter tube at some stage in his past life at the pet store. I say so because it is the very same shape and place as one of mine that this happened to. I found him stuck there when I was cleaning and it left the same indented curved line. Anyway it is not so obvious and just makes him more special :heart just thought I'd mention that.

Thanks for your kind comments Imogen! :heart I do appreciate your help - I may need some more assistance when it comes to working out whether they are male or female :blink: - should be easier to see when they are in the new tank soon.

Robin looks like a crown tiku to me- the shorttailed pearls- and Womble has a longer shape and tail no?

Yeah, that sounds right Imogen. Womble is larger and has a longer, slightly slimer body and longer tail and is of course a calico - BTW there are some nice blues coming through lately too!

I think you may well be right about the filter suction in the past, he certainly has been bashed about a bit in the past, probably from being netted etc. and has some more noticable patches of missing scales on the other side to. Still, like you say it makes him more special and I think the overall shape is very nice, also I'm hoping that he has good wen growth potential too :)

I may need some more assistance when it comes to working out whether they are male or female :blink: - should be easier to see when they are in the new tank soon.

Yes and later, if you can catch a good close up of the area in question :) on both fish you can either post it as a new thread for opinions or if you like PM me. There was also a thread about discerning somewhere-which I'll try and find for you because it was interesting and had some other tips like how females tend to be less sociable and have fatter abdomens generally..and so on.

beautiful fish :D

i really like that last pic :rofl

as for the missing scales, putter had a few missing in the butt region when i got him, and they have all come back looking like 'coned' scales. so if your lucky, the scales will grow back to be 'coned'

OK. There are several threads and several links but I like Tosakin in Oz's summary. Here's a link to that. For me the "likes to school (male)" and "likes to be alone (female)" has been useful . It does seem to be very hard to tell males from females until they are a little older...after a year say.

Anyway, the link :)

I love that picture of them both, looks like 2 big whales in the distance with the "foggy" water.

Beautiful fish, can't wait to see them when the fog clears!

Thankyou guys.

I love that picture of them both, looks like 2 big whales in the distance with the "foggy" water.

Beautiful fish, can't wait to see them when the fog clears!

:D Oh yeah, it does look a bit like that doesn't it Laurie! It's because the plastic quarantine tub gives a white/bluish tinge to the pictures. They're both in my new tank now so I'm hoping to post some clearer pictures of them both later, taken through glass! :D

Stunning! All of those :heart And no worries about lots of pics as thats what we all love :D Be sure to save one for pic of the week.