Meet Robin! - Sneak Preview!

mrbumblebee

This is Robin my other new Pearlscale. He's been quarantined seperately from Womble for a couple of weeks and now they are waiting together to be permanently housed. There has been a bit of a hold up getting the the new (hopefully!) 50 gallon tank (lack of funds!) but I'm I'm hoping to be able to afford it within the next few weeks at most.

Robin is slightly smaller than Womble http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...topic=54961&hl= and is orange and white rather than a calico. I think he has been bashed about during his lifetime, he also has a few large areas of pearlscales missing but that doesn't matter because what really drew me to him was his very sweet face, eyes and cute little wen! He is much shyer (and much less greedy than Womble too! :rolleyes: ) but still very cute and I'm hoping for some good growth and wen growth too . He does seem much happier now than when I got him anyway :)

The pictures aren't great as they're from the quarantine tub (the lines running through the picture are from the sheet underneath the the tub! :D )

Picture024.jpg

Picture001-1.jpg

Picture009-6.jpg

With Womble

Picture012-3.jpg

Edited by mrbumblebee

Thankyou guys! :D

I did try to get some pictures of his other side too, but he won't keep still long enough no matter what I do! :rolleyes:

I'll try to get some better shots, hopefully I can get Robin and Womble into a proper tank soon anyway.

Edited by mrbumblebee

Congrats bumble, Robin is a beaut :heart . His shape is perfect and the pearl rows look very even-can't spot those missing scales. The two of them look adoreable together, what a perfect pair they make. Are they male/female? It's fairly easy to tell on a pearl :)

Thanks guys! :D

His shape is perfect and the pearl rows look very even-can't spot those missing scales.

Yeah, I think he has a nice shape too Imogen, thats one of the things that drew me to him in the first place was the overall shape.

He does have a few quite large patches of missing pearl scales unfortunately :( It's not coming across too well in the pictures. It would be very obvious in a glass tank I think. In the pictures you can just about see a diagonal patch of missing pearlies, just before the caudal peduncle. On his otherside (which I can't seem to get clear pictures of as he won't keep still! :rolleyes: ) there is a large area of missing pearl scales at the top just above his gill. Quite noticeable really. Still, I'm hoping when he grows up his overall shape will shine through and I think it kinda gives him more character :)

They look like they are enjoying each others company. :)

They certainly do! Robin is very much a follower though! Where Womble goes, Robin follows - unfortunately that usually means Womble gets to the food first! :rolleyes: I'm having to distract Womble in order to drop some food in Robin's direction. Still, I think he's getting enough to eat. Hopefully, as he grows in confidence Robin will fight for his share a bit more.

Edited by mrbumblebee

Well, you won't believe how much time I've spent today looking at my Pearlie's butts with a magnifying glass! :blink::D

I don't usually worry too much about the sex of my goldies, but you've got me really wondering now. Will be good to know though, especially as they will be tank sharing long term, or I could maybe put my oranda Buzz in with them if one or the other turns out to be male. I know Buzz is male for sure because of the breeding stars.

I know pearlies are supposed to be easier to sex because the back end is rounder and wider and easier to see - problem is I can't get a really good view, especially through the plastic tub and I don't wanna stress them by taking them of the tub at the moment. I'll have to wait until they're in the the proper glass tank I suppose.

I have to say when I was looking them over before I bought them, my first impressions going by what I could see of their vents then was both male, but I'm not too good at it to be honest. I can't get a clear side view of the vents either and I cant see any breeding stars and going by size alone I think they must be around the age or coming up to it to have them - so who knows! Oh well, I'll keep looking! :D

Edited by mrbumblebee

Well, you won't believe how much time I've spent today looking at my Pearlie's butts with a magnifying glass!

Thats too funny! I'm really not good with telling the sex of my fish either, unless the breeding stars are staring me in the face!

Robin is beautiful, you picked a really preatty fish to be with Womble! They are both beautiful!

Congratulations on a couple of cuties! They look so adorable and round hanging out together. I love seeing the same type of fish, but with contrasting colours together. I think it really shows off how many varietie of gf there are out there! I hope that Wombles and Robin enjoy a long happy life together!

Well, you won't believe how much time I've spent today looking at my Pearlie's butts with a magnifying glass! :blink::D

I don't usually worry too much about the sex of my goldies, but you've got me really wondering now! :D

Oh I'm sorry bumble :hide: ! You'll know soon enough when or if the chasing begins!

Oh I'm sorry bumble :hide: ! You'll know soon enough when or if the chasing begins!

No that's OK Imogen - I should try to find out for sure, my initial thought was boys, but considering their size's and the lack of breeding markings (that I can see anyway) I am starting to wonder if they are girlies after all! It will be much easier to see when they're both in my new glass tank (coming tuesday!). If I need to move fishies around then so be it, they seem OK for now though - I hope they will continue to be fine together as they get on sooo well and look great together. To be honest, I'd rather either two boys or two girls, I'm not sure I could cope with the breeding stuff and then fry! :blink: My nerves wouldn't take it! :D

Edited by mrbumblebee

I've got some more pictures of Robin and Womble! :rolleyes:

The stripes coming through in the pictures are from the sheet underneath the quarantine tub!

Robin!

Picture013-4.jpg

In this one you can see one of the patches of missing pearlscales I was talking about earlier, running diagonally down towards the tail

Picture021-3.jpg

Picture026-1.jpg

That's Wombles butt just in shot! :D

In this one you can just about see the other patch of missing pearlscales on your left just above his gill plate, kinda on his "shoulder" area. I love this guy, I can't wait to get them both in the new tank now!

Picture027-1.jpg

I've got some more Womble pics to post in a minute too! :rolleyes: