Help!i Want To Start A Salt Water Tank But I Have No Clue!

Guest chris345

Guest chris345

i have a 10 gallon tank. I need to know if it is enough for 2 clown fishes. I want it to be fish only im using fake coral. should i use sand or gravel? do i need a Protien skimmer. please give me some info on how to set it up and how long i have to wait before adding fish.

I'd like to know too. I don't plan on starting a saltwater tank, but they intrigue me.

Well. Maybe when I get a really good job and can afford a nice big tank, I might consider doing it as a saltwater...Those clownfish are awfully cute little boogers...

A ten gallon tank is small....and I personally wouldn't put two clowns in any tank smaller than 30 gal...but you may manage keeping two false perks (Amphiprion ocellaris) in the tank...but that would be about it...and really pushing the limits....

You could get by without a protein skimmer in a fish only tank...but a skimmer will help remove dissolved organics before entering the nitrogen cycle...The fact is a skimmer will help you keep your nitrates down...

Here are the recommendations for nano fish in small aquariums...

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/scateg.cfm?pCatId=2124

Edited by Reef Man