Fry Update!

l_lds2006

:) Oh they are adorable! :heart Babies are just tooooo cute! You must be so proud! :exactly

thanks vmlola :heart yeah they are just too cute and i am very proud i'm dying with curiousity though of who the daddy is :rofl man i can wait until my lionhead is much better i have lots of females and males but i'm afraid he may definitely hurt them with the breeding as he is much bigger by far then the females are and the other males

Yay cute babies :clapping: What little cuties cant wait to see them all grow up.Heres to the 4 babies growing up big and strong :D

thanks blue i haven't decided on their names but i think i am going to call them moe curly larry and shemp as they remind me of the stooge brothers :rofl thats what i'll call them for now even if i dont know their sex i'll change it once they get bigger and i know their sexes

such a little cuties :heart . a question, how deep their tank should be?

fred the tank is now completely filled almost i tried a diy sponge filter but it was too strong a current so tomorrow i'm going to get a sponge filter hey if these guys are ranchu mix and have no dorsal fins as i dont see any so far i am going to be happy

Too cute Jillian!! Thanks for sharing the pics. :)

thanks erin i naturally have to share the baby pics they are really cute i sit here and watch them and they are really soothing to watch I think they are long in length for being only fry :rofl they eat alot too it is funny they just attack the food

Edited by Jillian

oooh babies!! Too cute :heart If you can't see dorsals maybe the ranchu is the daddy after all. I hope they make it. I am sorry to say I lost all my fry at about this size :ignore but thes look very good Jillian, long straight bodies, healthy appetites and strong swimming. Way to go! :D

thanks trinket I am sorry that you lost all your fry at this age one of the fry has a curved back so i dunno if it is defect or not but i dont care either way i :heart them all equally if I only lived in japan and these guys daddy is the ranchu and they got bigger i'd of given you some as i know the breeding isnt over yet as my female looks bigger again and laid eggs a few days ago again but i let them eat them :( cruel thing to do but until i actually have the space once i get my 125 ga this week or early next week i will have to wait i am hoping that lionhead doesnt mess her up once he is out of qt and all better from his sickness as i know he is 7 inches long as i measured him tonight he would definitely put a hurting on her i have 4 males now and 3 females :o but i'm hoping that they all survive i was thinking about getting another large female lionhead to keep him company course after i qt her too but this is only after i get a way bigger tank

The first spray or batch is apparantly the strongest :) You might have to separate if you don't want more. Also , keep an eye on your female that sprayed the eggs because they can get very weak and prone to infection.

You got it, Fred - that is the only rule, actually. Jilian, provide a picture - it doesn't have to be a perfectly clear one, and post it here. As long as there is a fry somewhere in there. Voila, breeder award!

You got it, Fred - that is the only rule, actually. Jilian, provide a picture - it doesn't have to be a perfectly clear one, and post it here. As long as there is a fry somewhere in there. Voila, breeder award!

I posted pics up on the second page :) there are loads of them pics that is :rofl i think i got a bit pic happy

up date 3 fry are still alive and kicking they are now 15 days old ;) i will post more pics up soon

k i know who the parents are definitely of these 3 fry as they are spawning again :krazy:

here are the parents pics wondering what colors they will have and what characteristics

black ranchu the father

PA100913.jpg

chocolate oranda on the top corner is the mommy

PA100903.jpg

Interesting! Those 2 will make for some very individual looking babies. I wonder if they will have wens?

How are the 3 doing? And don't forget to PM koko with one of these photos to get your breeder medal :D

i did pm koko on here several times :cry1:hmm with pics and the link to the thread i'm wondering that myself about what they will look like dorsal fin or no dorsal fin and so fourth i'm wondering what their coloring will be the 3 remaining are doing great so far no casualties

Edited by Jillian

The medals take some time. Koko has a million things going on so it will take time but don't worry she won't forget.

my fry are still doing great 2 are really dark and the third is white hmm possible calico as the eye on this fry are black the others are golden color i dunno what they will look like as I have yet to see dorsal fins on these fry maybe oranchu's i see their other fins tail fins and so fourth but no dorsal fins yet